Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.07.2009, 07:37 AM
Am starting to like this forum

but the question is which benefits would it bring to use vc in 64 Bit mode?

VC is not a sampler which needs lots of RAM, and as i said you can make a plugin 64 Bit Processing also in a 32 Bit OS

i´m shure access would bring out a 64 bit version but only if it really would make any sense
Old 22.07.2009, 03:17 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post

VC is not a sampler which needs lots of RAM, and as i said you can make a plugin 64 Bit Processing also in a 32 Bit OS

i´m shure access would bring out a 64 bit version but only if it really would make any sense
There are many advantages to running on a 64 bit platform, and the ability to use >6gb is only one of them.

Fact is, many machines coming out now are 64 bit. Windows 8 will be 64bit only. Sooner or later, all 32 bit software will be antiquated, just like 16 bit.

Also, think about it. No one JUST runs VC. I run my host system (ableton) with rewire from Renoise and Reason. I also use other plugins. I also do a lot of video editing. It makes most sense for me to run these systems under 64 bit - It's MUCH faster. If I want to use the VC plugin, I have to boot into windows xp 32 bit mode. I believe you will see more and more professionals demand 64bit compatibility for all their software.

I understand what you mean though. One nice thing about the TI, is it offloads a lot of processing. But even my UAD-1 powered plugins card from Universal Audio has 64 bit drivers.

At the same time, I'm willing to give Access all the slack they need. VC is a great piece of software that goes with a great piece of hardware. Converting the drivers to a 64 bit platform will take time and resources on their part, undoubtedly.

Last edited by zeno : 22.07.2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 22.07.2009, 07:13 PM
New here
New here

Angry

doesn't even matter what platform, almost every company is making 64 bit drivers, why is access waiting so long? My nord g2 has 64bit drivers, my Motu stuff has 64bit drivers.
Old 24.07.2009, 05:13 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
What benefit? Are you kidding?! The benefit is that you could use it. Without 64-bit drivers, you can not use the "TI" of the Virus on a 64-bit OS. period.

And you're going to have to do some reading if you don't understand the benefits of a 64-bit OS. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it worthless. And you are confusing 64-bit audio processing with 64-bit computing, and 64-bit drivers with 64-bit sampler software, and the Virus Control with the Virus TI drivers.

In my case 64-bit is an absolute nessecity. (dealing with huge orchestral templates of about 20 GB of samples in RAM.) That is impossible with a 32-bit OS. Therefore, I am unable to use the Virus TI in my film score projects.

We need 64-bit drivers for the Virus TI... c'mon Access! What is the problem here?
Old 24.07.2009, 08:46 PM

thats exactly what i was saying, your using a sampler you need 64 bit os to use more memory

but why should a company like access care about that you are using a sampler? just think about it
Old 25.07.2009, 06:51 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
thats exactly what i was saying, your using a sampler you need 64 bit os to use more memory

but why should a company like access care about that you are using a sampler? just think about it
Oh god.

Perhaps because they are pretty much the ONLY audio company yet to release 64bit drivers? Even M-Audio had them out about a year ago now, and that's saying something!
Old 25.07.2009, 08:04 AM

why not blame Microsoft for again releasing an OS which is not giving you more RAM Support for 32 Bit and Releasing 32 and 64 Bit?

i´m not saying access don´t put out a 64bit driver but i can understand them what the real problem is of that 64 bit situation

so as long as there isn´t a good solution, maybe windows8 (64 bit only), i think it would be better they save their time in making some usefull new features for VC and an Effeckt Plugin to use in any Sequenzer (even damn Cubase)
Old 25.07.2009, 11:47 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
why not blame Microsoft for again releasing an OS which is not giving you more RAM Support for 32 Bit and Releasing 32 and 64 Bit?
more than 4gb is not possible to control when using 32 bit. The address space simply cannot get bigger.
(i know they have made some kind of, workaround in some server versions (PAE), but its not good enough for music production)

It's not Microsoft's fault! it's pure facts.

And memory is not the only hog in the 32bit .. I am using a system with Core i7 CPU, and it works alot faster when only calculating in 64bit, instead of emulation 32bit...

its the future...

Danish progressive trance and downbeat/chillout!
Old 30.07.2009, 08:50 AM
New here
New here

I got this response from access support today, still no ETA but better than the previous response i got.

Thank you for your email. We understand and appreciate the growing need for 64bit compatibility with our software. It obviously is in our interest to support as many hosts and operating system platforms as possible, and work on a 64bit version of our software suite is already underway with our R+D team, and is a priority for us. We, as a policy, do not give out ETAs, timeframes, or speculate on weeks or months for any of our releases, as it is very hard to estimate these things with any reasonable accuracy. 64bit computing is the future, and rest assured, we will be supporting 64bit operating systems in the near future.

With very best regards,

Joerg Huettner
Access Music Tech Support
Old 30.07.2009, 11:39 AM

ok....and also happy beta testing again on 64 Bit

i´m not gonna waste my time with that