Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 16.03.2009, 03:34 PM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsx View Post
Seems to me or all Viruses are packed full of problems?
I wonder why Access releases stuff with trouble.
Mine isn't packed full of problems or trouble, it's packed full of widgets that make Bass 'n' Supersaw 'n' Wavetable goodness.

Honestly, I'm not sure why some people are so down on the Virus recently, the TI is way better than the old C, which I made many of my best (Drum n Bass) tunes on.
I have heard many great sounds made with the TI and enjoy it as the next development in Access Virus line.

On top of that I have not experienced better tech support (AND new features!) than Access provide, even though some of my Synths cost a lot more.

Great post Timo, I think you nailed it there.^
Old 16.03.2009, 03:54 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I purchased my first access synth (Snow) as soon as it was announced. I was amongst the first people in North America to own one.

I usually don't like to buy the first batch of anything but with Access I knew that whatever was released was going to be frequently updated, supported and most importantly, sound amazing.

The TI software has seen its fair share of glitches, no doubt, but the current OS is stable and runs fine for me.

Access got my money over Waldorf becuase they support what they release better then anybody. If Korg or Roland ever had a TI1 type of software to begin with, then released a new line of sythns that used a TI2 protocal, do you think things like patches would be backwards compatible? They wouldn't and at that point your first version TI1 synth would have stopped being supported.

Sure, you can save a few dollars with Korg or Roland if you wait until the product is about to be phased out as every thing gets lowered dramatically but at the same time you know the support is getting dropped, too. Access also flat out sounds better (in my opinion) then any other VA on the market.

You get what you pay for.
Old 16.03.2009, 05:39 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos View Post
Mine isn't packed full of problems or trouble, it's packed full of widgets that make Bass 'n' Supersaw 'n' Wavetable goodness.

Honestly, I'm not sure why some people are so down on the Virus recently, the TI is way better than the old C, which I made many of my best (Drum n Bass) tunes on.
I have heard many great sounds made with the TI and enjoy it as the next development in Access Virus line.

On top of that I have not experienced better tech support (AND new features!) than Access provide, even though some of my Synths cost a lot more.

Great post Timo, I think you nailed it there.^
Is DnB your primary musical style? Do you have any tracks of yours that I can hear?
Old 16.03.2009, 07:56 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelike5 View Post
I purchased my first access synth (Snow) as soon as it was announced. I was amongst the first people in North America to own one.

I usually don't like to buy the first batch of anything but with Access I knew that whatever was released was going to be frequently updated, supported and most importantly, sound amazing.

The TI software has seen its fair share of glitches, no doubt, but the current OS is stable and runs fine for me.

Access got my money over Waldorf becuase they support what they release better then anybody. If Korg or Roland ever had a TI1 type of software to begin with, then released a new line of sythns that used a TI2 protocal, do you think things like patches would be backwards compatible? They wouldn't and at that point your first version TI1 synth would have stopped being supported.

Sure, you can save a few dollars with Korg or Roland if you wait until the product is about to be phased out as every thing gets lowered dramatically but at the same time you know the support is getting dropped, too. Access also flat out sounds better (in my opinion) then any other VA on the market.

You get what you pay for.
Ok I didn't want to put shame on their products, I was just pointing out something that seems to be seen quite often here. For example, even after having upgraded to the latest (and last due to its age) OSR, I couldn't fix the demosong to play like the one on the website (the very nice fluxcompensator.mp3). So, to solve the problem I overwritten it with 512 new patches, which they provided for free (very admirable).

So please stop harassing me with accusation! =P

I wouldn't exchange my Virus for another synth AND if I will have enough money I would purchase another.
Renoise + Reaper + GoldWave + VCommander registered user! - Roland JV-1080 - Korg M1R - Korg DSS-1 - Yamaha FB-01 - Yamaha P-85S - M-AUDIO Keystation 61ES - Focusrite Saffire LE - Access VIRUS Rack Classic - Access VIRUS Rack XL - Jackson Pro SL - Award Session Sessionmaster JD-10 - Randall Century 3000

Last edited by fsx : 16.03.2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typos
Old 17.03.2009, 07:44 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

I think that Access really does care about those bugs. All bugs captured are very well looked after, in a humane (if secure) environment, before eventual shipping to Japan where they are rehabilitated and found work in lesser machines.

My perspective wasn't progress to Virus from other synths: the Virus is the first synth I have ever owned. I certainly had some naive notions that modern digital stuff works first time every time, but I have been slowly adjusting to the reality that is the mixture of science and artistry that is complex hardware inspired and enabled by software. From Timo's post I derived the more general message that the task and joy is to work within this instrument's (already generous) limitations. If the Virus really does, statistically, throw up the most issues - and I guess this honour has to go to one synth or another - for me this is more than compensated by the sense that there are people in labs and offices dedicated to making it work and making the next one work even better
Old 17.03.2009, 09:39 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

My Virus TI isn't the first synth I've owned, but it's by far the most powerful and complex synth I've ever used. Given the enormous power and flexibility of the device, I'm willing to forgive the occasional stuck note or bootup connection problem.

Also, it's called Virus. VIRUS MAN. The name alone makes me melt and want to forgive any failings. :>

VIRUS.

Yus.

-Annikk
Old 19.03.2009, 08:44 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
the difference is: we (access) care about the bugs.

best, marc
*Spits coffee over his monitor*

http://www.petitiononline.com/VIRUSTCP/petition.html
Old 19.03.2009, 09:48 AM
Banned

Purusha what is that ?
so ... what ??
go there and sign ... too easy to do , to easy to say
or run and get a Korg or Alesis or Waldorf
find a synth without bugs and buy it
Old 19.03.2009, 10:22 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I have only had problems with beta OS releases which is understandable.

Other than that my VirusTI Desktop has been ultra stable and sounds great!
Old 19.03.2009, 11:23 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Personally, my TI is *finally* stable, and ****ing awesome.
Closed Thread