Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 22.12.2012, 11:12 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default "Comfort Zone" - a new synthy track

This one has quite a few Evolver parts in it, supported by Virus TI and FutureRetro XS. Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/grooveboreg/comfort-zone
Old 24.12.2012, 11:29 PM
Pro
Pro

I very much enjoyed this, namely all going-on behind the drum and square wave in front. The Evolver now accepts over 40 midi cc's for say external sequencer controlling modulation sequencing...learning more and more each day! The track "Get The Milk" was much enjoyed as well~! Commenting here because until I feel confident about my new studio set-up, learn instrument's interfaces in and out, THEN will set-up a SoundCloud account. Plan to do some much needed YouTube instructional demos on some of my instruments as ALOT of YouTube videos, you might as well put a monkey in front of the instrument and train him in Pavlov's Principles of reward of food for twiddling knobs!! There's some great YouTube vid's, do not mistake me, but for instance on Waldorf Q Rack, there's hardly anything let alone extensive let alone tutorials on such a deep synth!!
Merry Christmas!
Robert
Old 25.12.2012, 07:46 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Thanks mate!

Btw, there's no recorded automation - I've set up knobs and faders on my controller keyboard to control various Evolver parameters, which makes it possible to really jam live on it. Then I cut and comp the best parts.

Speaking of tutorials - have you seen The Definitive Guide To Evolver ?
Old 25.12.2012, 12:25 PM
Pro
Pro

Yes, I have had the "Definitive Guide To The Evolver" since I firstly owned the desktop and have since bought a Mono Evolver Keyboard and have two desktop Evolvers polychained...it's one very cool synth and having the MEK's knobs/buttons really openned programming it like a whole new universe of sound and control!! I personally think the analog half of Evolver sounds much more fat and elastic than one voice of Prohpet 08 or Tetra.
That aforementioned guide, is indespensable in understanding much about instrument. Now, seeing the DSI User Manual that came with my Mono Evolver Keyboard---I think even THAT MEK manual should have come with the original desktop evolver. The MEK manual is very well-written and cannot say that about alot of manufacturer's manuals, most of which seem like someone coming from an engineering background rather than a musician's, in writing/content style.
I know we all hate critics but although I loved that piece, the reason I mentioned "everything going on in background", is that at least for my tastes and ears, thought the drum track was too much forward and in one's face...but that's just me.