Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.03.2005, 05:19 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.E.M.
So are there any good sequencers with built in modules like Fruity?
Logic 7 is the way to go.
Old 24.03.2005, 09:44 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
I used to use Fruity but when TI was announced, I switched to Cubase since the host needs to be compensated for delay...and fruity can't do that!
voxengo audiodelay is a free latency compensation plugin you add as a VST plugin. you can delay all audio coming from that channel by a certain length of time either in ms or in samples.

the TI will work in fruity.

now onto my problem.

midi and fruity. i get pretty glitchy performance from my virus b in fl studio 5.0 at high cpu loads. at low cpu loads its generally fine although playing back the virus through fruity's mixer sounds weird. its like it plays double. like theres a chorus effect. its annoying. at high cpu loads (Above 50%) my virus b plays back drunkenly. it triggers notes incorrectly, and for the wrong length of time. the higher the cpu load, the more fucked up it sounds.

if you buy a virus having worked mostly with software (as i have) you will have to change your work habits to accomodate the virus. for instance you will more than likely have to record all parts of the virus in a separate flp file and you will have to try to keep your cpu load as low as possible whilst you are recording. other than that theres no problem. admittedly i dont use my virus much though.

EDIT: fl studio is not a toy. you cant do THIS with a toy. and thats all fl studio and freebie softies. only bad worksmen blame their tools.
Old 24.03.2005, 10:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Wandering kid: I'm pretty sure that the TI delay WON'T be a fixed value and that is gonna be a problem. Anyway, if it works in Fruity, I'll be more than happy since my weapon of choice is still FLSTUDIO even tho I use Cubase SX more and more these days.

About the Virus playing in double...Just mute it in your audio card mixer! It will only play once! I use an emu card and always MUTE the virus channel when I'm in fruity so it isn't doubled

Cool clip you posted there...
Last thing I've done with fruity: http://www.madstation.net/progtrance.mp3
Old 24.03.2005, 10:06 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
About the Virus playing in double...Just mute it in your audio card mixer! It will only play once! I use an emu card and always MUTE the virus channel when I'm in fruity so it isn't doubled
DOOOOOOH!

once again i feel like a fool for skipping over the obvious.

nice floops work. i like your JP type stuff. it really brings out all the stuff i like about the jp8080. one day i will get my hardware working in my tunes properly.

till then, pro-53 demo all the way. 10 minutes at a god damn time before i have to restart my host. ARGHH!!
Old 24.03.2005, 10:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

:)
Well in my clip, bass is pro53 and lead is vanguard.
I barely use my hardware...yet! I find vst much more convenient.

that's an harder project I did 2 years ago, kinda reminds me of your stuff...thats all pro53(all synths, bass, etc.): http://www.madstation.net/MadVsLevel13(18).mp3
Old 24.03.2005, 10:15 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

i was refering to the jp8080 demo you posted some time ago. that was sweet as. still you must detail how you made that patch on vanguard. external effects?

you can probably guess how i made my pro 53 lead. unison 14, HPF, analog detune nearly all the way up. tube distortion baby! up the glide a bit. and she screams

heheh, you should use more freebies - they are so good its amazing. i got VB-1 doing bass duty, muon tau doing acid duty. greasetube turning everything fat and crunchy. i luv freeware softies ^_________^
Old 25.03.2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
i got VB-1 doing bass duty,
vb1 is over-used and over-rated.
i personally hate the thing - others i know swear by it.
that old chestnut....

cheers

blay
Old 25.03.2005, 08:27 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

oh yea its overused. i agree. its not very programmable either. but whatever way you spin it - it sounds phat. and it can go LOW. lower than anything i can program in albino and it stays tight.

its like a 303. overused to the point of cliche. but it doesnt stop the fact that it sounded awesome when it first came out. and it still sounds awesome now.

and im not gonna try and prevent another generation of people enjoying that (in)famous sound. i still cant get enough of it
Old 25.03.2005, 09:39 PM

K.E.M.

In my opinion......wait for the TI. If you rush out and buy a used virus...and you enjoy its sound....you may end up kicking yourself for being impatient.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.03.2005, 07:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hamstar

I would wait till the TI is released, then I would buy a virus c/virus kc/virus indigo 2 a month or two later. I'm betting that you'll be able to pick up a virus c used for about $700. Then I would play with the c for a year, and wait till I could find a used virus ti for a third of the price that it would be if you were to buy it new. However if you are rich I'd suggest buying the ti right away.