Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.11.2009, 12:16 PM
Pro
Pro

Default questions....soon to be new user...

hey...
i'm getting my virus ti snow in a few days....
was just wondering about a few things...

- can i use the snow as an effects rack ...meaning...can i use an aux send to send a signal to the virus from my analog console as a mono signal and get a stereo aux return to go back into 2 empty channels on my console?

-is amplitude modulation possible on the virus snow....i know it has FM...but AM ?

-can you use curves on the envelope section....shange the tension of the slope...

-what are the common problems faced by users? like sudden bursts of white noise etc??

- has getting the virus taken your sounds and music to a new level? have many possibilities and creative avenues opened up for you after getting the virus?

cant wait to join the virus club....waited many years for this.....actually im happy just to join the hardware synth club....

do any of you use your virus to make psy trance?
i know a lot of psy artists use the virus...but i just have not been able to see any videos, posts etc of the virus being used for psy....
most of the demo videos dont use the synth to make psy type of sounds....i wanna see the virus make some crazy psy stuff.....

anyway...i gues i can see it for my self soon.....

thanks...
Old 03.11.2009, 01:03 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
- can i use the snow as an effects rack ...meaning...can i use an aux send to send a signal to the virus from my analog console as a mono signal and get a stereo aux return to go back into 2 empty channels on my console?
Yes. Bear in mind the Snow only has two line outputs (the other 6 are via USB only), so if you want to use the Virus as both a synth and also use its FX at the same time you will need to use the USB outputs to your computer if you wish to keep the FX and Virus sound engine stems separate.

Quote:
-is amplitude modulation possible on the virus snow....i know it has FM...but AM ?
I don't think you can use an oscillator to amplitude modulate another. And the standard modulation LFOs don't really go up high enough to emulate normal oscillator frequencies.

Quote:
-can you use curves on the envelope section....shange the tension of the slope...
Not directly. However you can modulate an EG by itself (source and destination the same) with an intensity of your choosing to create curves.

Quote:
-what are the common problems faced by users? like sudden bursts of white noise etc??
Unsure. I don't have a TI/Snow, only an older Virus. People have complained in the past about noise bursts, but I think Access have solved and fixed much of them.

Quote:
- has getting the virus taken your sounds and music to a new level? have many possibilities and creative avenues opened up for you after getting the virus?
Definately. It's a very professional sounding synth. It's everywhere on the charts and in the clubs.

Quote:
cant wait to join the virus club....waited many years for this.....actually im happy just to join the hardware synth club....
Welcome!

Quote:
do any of you use your virus to make psy trance?
i know a lot of psy artists use the virus...but i just have not been able to see any videos, posts etc of the virus being used for psy....
most of the demo videos dont use the synth to make psy type of sounds....i wanna see the virus make some crazy psy stuff.....
Virus makes a good dance/trance synth, but a TB303 it's not.

Quote:
anyway...i gues i can see it for my self soon.....
Trust me, you'll love it!
Old 03.11.2009, 02:25 PM
Pro
Pro

thank you for replying....

quite excited about getting it....
Old 06.11.2009, 02:28 PM
New here
New here

ok let me sum up for you
virus ti snow is expensive and dont work at all
got mine one year ago and it cant work like it should