Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 16.04.2004, 11:20 AM
Amateur
Amateur

thanks mate ill check it out
Old 16.04.2004, 12:16 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

It is indeed a dsp card but it is no longer distributed by Mackie. It is now distributed by Universal Audio - the company that has developed and manufactured them.

I have a UAD-1 for compression and a Powercore PCI for reverb and some mastering plugs I use, namely the Master X3 and the Assimilator. Both fantastic pieces of kit!

www.uaudio.com

Universal Audio have many years experience of producing some of the best tube compressors on the market. They bought a plug-in company called Kind of Loud Technologies and have since been recreating some of the "industry standard" compressors such as the Fairchild 670 and their own models; the 1176 and the LA2A. I have not heard a professional who has worked with these $30,000 compressors say that the plugs aren't anything but fantastically realistic in their emulation of the originals kit!

Worth a listen if you get a chance!

If you want me to compress some samles that you provide me with I will do so and you can compare them to some compressors you use.

Martyn
Old 17.04.2004, 12:57 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynreid
They bought a plug-in company called Kind of Loud Technologies and have since been recreating some of the "industry standard" compressors such as the Fairchild 670 and their own models; the 1176 and the LA2A. I have not heard a professional who has worked with these $30,000 compressors say that the plugs aren't anything but fantastically realistic in their emulation of the originals kit!
Some more stuff that will make me miss a Valve compressor even less. I'll have to take a listen myself I think.

Thanks for the links mate.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 17.04.2004, 10:21 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynreid
It is indeed a dsp card but it is no longer distributed by Mackie. It is now distributed by Universal Audio - the company that has developed and manufactured them.

I have a UAD-1 for compression and a Powercore PCI for reverb and some mastering plugs I use, namely the Master X3 and the Assimilator. Both fantastic pieces of kit!

www.uaudio.com

Martyn
I've been on the site but can't find anything about a card!! There's software to download which sounds good but where's the card? The thing is, I'm looking to buy a new soundcard and don't know whether to go for Audiophile, save up for a Creamware Pulsar 2 or this UAD-1 thing. Any ideas? (Must get rid of my Audigy )
Old 18.04.2004, 05:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

the card does not have an audio interface its only for prossesing
so i would say save up for the pulser 2 i use it and i love it.
say how many compressors can this card run?
Old 18.04.2004, 10:01 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Tomer's right - the UAD-1 is a DSP card, ie it has a processor in it which apparently equates to about an extra 2.8GHz processing power.

There is no Audio input at all.

I use the Audiophile 2496 but am thinking about switching to the RME Hammerfall.

For details on the Project Pack: http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stock...D1&context=WEB

For details on the Studio Pak: http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stock...SP&context=WEB

Although I wouldn't recommend buying them from Turnkey - they can definately be found cheaper elsewhere!
Old 19.04.2004, 11:22 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Well thanks for all the tips etc lads Ive ended up just going for the delta 10/10 see how it is when i get it!!

If it suck ill just flog it on ebay! bit of a contrast to the ones mentioned but it does the trick for a mate of mine! see how it goes!!!

Martyn that UAD-1 does sound very tasty considering I use alot of Waves pluggings so would be ideal!!!

If this is Crap think i will invest in to one!

But thanks for all the info guys!!
Old 19.04.2004, 07:40 PM
Pro
Pro

Cheers Martyn, that's a great help. I've had a crap soundcard for too long and have vowed to make my next one a blinder.

Does this mean I could somehow use the UAD DSP card in tandem with my Soundblaster Audigy? - like Tomer said, the UAD has got no Audio ins and outs and my Virus is plugged straight into the SB Audigy port. What do you do for connections?
Old 19.04.2004, 08:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

you either have another soundcard or you get rid of all your equipment and go software!!

peace
Blank
Old 20.04.2004, 05:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i would say go for one of the creamware cards and get dsp prossesing and a good soundcard at the same time