Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.09.2008, 07:14 AM
New here
New here

Default vague question from depths of a drinking binge..

Hey hombre's - a noob here (in both senses new to the forum and new to hardware synths).

Just purchased myself a virus rack (classic) second hand at good price. The reason i bought it was a) i am a gear whore b) i have never messed with a hardware synth really and the idea of tweaking knobs instead of mouse clicks was appealing c) I liked the idea of being able to use the rack in a versatile manner eg. for live performance with my bass, in the studio as external effects and as a synth with my midi keyboard/controller.

Alright so assuming i am not a total noob with synthesis but still far from pro... can anyone give me some tips re using the rack with my bass.. so far i have worked out how to change patches and activate audio input.. but are there any awse patches i should keep my eye out for from the factory presets.. is there anything i should know that may not be obvious..any probs or possible issues should look out for, does anyone else use the virus with bass???

i know this pretty vague post but i am keen to hear other peoples ideas and experiences - and apologies if this has been done - although i couldn't actually find anything when doing a search, but that may be due in part to the serious hungover state i am in.

Thanks

Chris
Old 12.09.2008, 05:56 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Red face

Get a guitar midi thingy..... Then play the virus from it. You will be fuckin' around with some serious shit then homie...
Old 12.09.2008, 09:44 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

(already posted this once in youtube video of the week)

well ... it's a guitar, but think it's a nice example for possible combination: