Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.10.2008, 10:25 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Smile Is Virus TI Snow good enough?

Well shure it is good! but is it powerful enough to use as a multitimbral synth?

Any users out there who can tell me if they run out of voices often, or just when using the most cpu hungry patches?

I produce Trance, IDM, and ambient music and I almost never use other than the ordinary Subtractive synthesis osc.

I have a Virus TI Desktop but I need the smaller TI Snow for gigs and when I travel, if the Snow are powerful enough I might sell my desktop.

Is it powerful enough for my needs?

Thanks!
Old 19.10.2008, 12:56 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

downgrading equipment is rarely recommend.

... how about a solid flightcase for the TI desktop?
Old 19.10.2008, 06:35 PM
New here
New here

i just got one so i'm no expert...but here's my experience so far.
you definitely can't use for everything without sampling parts.(enough)
it seems to be able to handle 2 full on patches and a simpler one.
Trying to use all four multi parts goes like this for me.
full on synths in parts 1-2
two simple drums in 3-4(yeah i need to get a sampler going in cubase )
synth one cuts out a few seconds into a pad
......not that i should be using the virus for drums.

if you have a real studio...or just good sampling skills
you should be able to use 2 full on and a simple patch.

on that note, are there any good vst samplers for nu-breaks/morning-psy? NI battery?

As far as the snow not having many knobs, the plug-in is really easy to work with as far as routing cc => parameters for controlling it with whatever you want....not that i didn't wish i had easy access.

i don't think you can run out of voices using 2 maxed patches...how do you use your TI?
Old 20.10.2008, 06:15 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard

I agree with Vairom. If you create near-to-complex patches you will be sampling some of the parts to wav before working further. It's not really a problem for me, but it has to suit into your workflow... the biggest problem for me was when I failed to discover that I maxed out the TI, so I spend much time wondering why some times a note was played fine and other times it wasn't played at all. Then I started sampling the parts, and all is fine.

4 parts is a bit limited for me as I tend to fill up with a lot of strange sounds. This is also countered by sampling parts and exchanging them with new patches. The difficulty in doing this is saving the individual automation for each track. This can be done by midi, but since snow doesn't send out midi for its knobs in sequecer mode, this is somwhat problematic (but not impossible; you just assign another midi controller to send CC's to the synth stuff the soft knobs control).

Having 5 knobs to work with is fine for me since I seldom automate more in my tracks, and doesn't need more for playing live

About the samplers: I think that most samplers will do just fine for any style (I create Minimal/Progressive-like psytrance)´ ) I use NI battery for drums myself (single drums, not loops), I'm used to work with Reason's ReDrum, which I actually like better, but I got tired of Rewirering.