Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 08.04.2008, 06:08 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Question Anyone Used the UAD PCI(e) DSP Cards & Plugins?

Was thinking about picking up this DSP card for the Roland Space Echo, Roland Dimension D, and Boss CE-1 recreations, but I also checked out demos on the Precision Enhancer, Pultec EQ and dbx 160 VCA VU Comp/Limiter among others.

Seemed really nice and worth the $750 for the expert pack that would get all of those plugins. Anyone ever used any of these UAD plugins at all?

http://www.uaudio.com/products/uad-plug-ins.html
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 08.04.2008, 11:04 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I'm waiting for the PCIe version as my (DAW) Dell Inspiron 531s only has 2 PCI slots and 2 PCIe slots. My PCI slots are taken by a firewire card (as the 531s has no onboard FW ports) and a M-Audio Delta 101LT. One of my PCIe ports has an ATI graphics card, leaving the other for the UAD-1.

If I remember correctly I thought the UAD-1 spec sheet said it was not compatible with PCIe video cards yet. Did you read anything like that?

I've heard from many who have them that they are awesome and that you won't want to give it up once you use it.

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 08.04.2008, 11:56 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Didn't see anything about the video card problem when I was looking.

My comp is an NForce4 based ASUS with an E6850 Core2Duo and a GeForce 8800 video card. Not many PCI slots at all, mostly PCI-e; so that is what I would want to get anyway I think.

I did see an Inspiron 530 series warning but that might not be a universal problem?

http://www.uaudio.com/support/softwa...herboards.html
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 09.04.2008, 01:04 AM

yup, like them so much that I have 4 cards !!
Old 09.04.2008, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
yup, like them so much that I have 4 cards !!
Keith, thanks for your feedback; I'll have a second look and see if I can find it again or if it was a figment of my imagination. Something I read about recently had an issue with PCIe video cards...OK my memory might not be the greatest.

Damn, Doc! Well, excess is what made this country great after all; I applaud you.

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile