Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.10.2004, 04:51 AM
New here
New here

Default Anyone make hip hop or rap tracks with their Virus?

I'm about to pick a Virus Classic up for something different. If anyone has a hip hop or rap trck that they have done with their Virus I am interested in hearing it.
Thanks
Old 09.10.2004, 08:02 AM
This forum member lives here

Welcome to Planet Virus!

It's an unusual choice for someone wanting to use it for HipHop/Rap.....

Do you know what to expect? You should go play with it....and then maybe play with some other synths/romplers.

Most people I know with a Virus use it for dance/electronica based music, although it is a VERY versatile machine, and also extremely good quality VA....one of the most well regarded.

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 09.10.2004, 08:15 AM
New here
New here

I have a Triton,Motif,MS2000,Roland Xp-50,MPC1000, and just sent back a Fantom X. I'm looking at the Virus for something different. I like to have my own style. Since most people don't use it for rap it might fit in just right.

I have thought about getting into some more dance type music. Dance/ hip hop mix with the virus added to my set up might get the clubs jumping.
I have no interests in sounding like him, but Lil John has kinda mixed in some dance synth with Rap already.

Any thoughts?
Old 09.10.2004, 08:29 AM

I think the best thing you could possibly do is go to a shop and demo a virus. spend alot of time there, playing and tweaking, go through some presets, and hopefully this will give you some idea whether it would be a good addition to your arsenal.....

I dont think anyone would disagree that the Virus is a great machine, especially around here! But is it the right machine for you? Only you know the answer to that one....

Dont just buy.....try first! It is the only way you will know you are not wasting your money.

The virus is a very dark and aggressive VA IMO......The word "Nasty" and "Evil" comes to mind. Im sure you could incorporate this into hip hop, and in fact, I have heard this a few times. Also, dance/electronica based music with rapping/MC'ing over the top is big in places like UK.....

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 09.10.2004, 08:54 AM
New here
New here

The company I buy from is really good about letting me try a product out for a month. If I don't like it I can just send it back. There is no place that I can demo it in a store around here, but I think I will be pleased with it. I will probably run my other Romplers through it.
Old 09.10.2004, 09:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

the virus is a great synth
its unlikly you will want to return it
Old 10.10.2004, 12:35 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I use my Virus to make mainly Break-beat tunes recently. I think making traditional Hip-hop would be difficult to pull off, but making stuff more on the Trip-hop side would be alright for sure.

If you wanna listen to my Break-beat tracks (no vocals on them though), go to my Electromancer link and listen to "Ugliop" and "Romlet". Many of the sounds on those 2 tracks are the Virus. If you want to know exactly what sounds came from what machines in either of those tracks, just ask.

Good luck with the choice!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut