Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 24.03.2008, 08:11 PM
New here
New here

Default assigning sequencer controller lanes to virus control sources?

I'm sure I'm just being thick, but i can't work out how to set up a controller lane for my virus (TI)'s filter 1 cutoff. it works fine if i assign filter 1 cutoff to the mod wheen via the matrix (when i record into cubase and twiddle to mod wheel it records activity in the modulation controller lane). However, if i record and just twiddle the cutoff knob, it doesn't record any midi data into any of cubase's controller lanes.

i wouldn't mind using the mod wheel for this, but it won't let me specifiy what frequency it starts from in the down positon, only the frequency it will end at when rotated fully up - am i missing something very obvious here?
Old 25.03.2008, 09:27 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Yo, you not being thick I had the same issue when I got mine, its rather simple and you will kick yourself

Make Sure you have enabled the filter cut off to be automated on the virus control plug in -

1. Find the filter cutoff knob on the Virus control

2. Right Click on the filter cutoff knob and select the part you are enabling Eg. Part 1

3. If Filter cutoff is already there it is enabled for automation. If it is not you must replace an already enabled parameter for eg. Filter Saturation with the Filter cutoff by clicking on the parameter you wish to replace

4.Now that the filter cutoff is enabled you will hit the write option on the virus control (Cubase Option), hit play, and tweak your cutoff.

5. Now disable write and enable the read, if you are happy you can keep it. if you would like to clean it up or edit it you will find the automation under "VSTplugins" Folder (in the Cubase editing window) -> "Virus TI" and if u click the automation there should be a Filter1 cutoff* select that and you will be able to view your automation

Hope this helps

Last edited by seanpace : 25.03.2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 25.03.2008, 11:44 PM
New here
New here

Fantastic! Thanx Sean. Still took me a few minutes to get my head around, but eventually the penny dropped! Now I can really start raining down sonic vengeance from on high!
Old 26.03.2008, 06:52 AM
Infektion taking hold...

No problem man! glad I could finally help someone. hehe