Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.04.2008, 07:42 PM
New here
New here

Default inputs dont seem to work on Virus TI

• I’m inputting a line level signal from the mixer carrying a vocal (I’ve tested this into an outboard fx unit, and a signal is definitely coming out of the mixer)
    • I have checked the virus is working by playing a preset patch (RAM-A 125>>INPUT<<) . I then go into the EDIT SINGLE ‘inputs’ menu and set the mode to ‘static’ and the input select to ‘L’ (I have carefully plugged the line level lead into the L input on the virus) – no sound comes out from the virus, even when I can see that the source sound is activating the mixers meters.
    • I can’t get any output, either thru the filters or vocoder, or no matter what I twiddle with!
Is it obvious to anyone what I'm doing wrong?
Old 23.04.2008, 12:53 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Inputs/Outputs

Hi there,
Have you tried finding out exactly which physical outputs the single/multi patch is assigned too.
I have my Virus' set to 1-8 (outputs 1 L&R) 9-14 (outputs 2 L&R) and 15-16 (outputs 3 L&R).
I've also found that by monitoring via headphone jack, the output only comes from outputs 1 L&R.
Have a look at the edit menu and see what parts are assigned to what physical output.
Hope this is some help
Old 23.04.2008, 08:33 PM
New here
New here

the output is set to output 1 L&R, which it the one i hve attached to my mixer. this works when i turn the input on and use the oscillators, but i get no sound when i switch to the input source that have verified as working by plugging it into other hardware, and can see meter indicating an output on the mixer. Also, with the inputs switched on (to static), i do get an audible click thru the mixer when i twiddle the input select knob - so there is no problem with the output, or with the input source.
Old 26.04.2008, 05:12 PM
New here
New here

updated the OS and now input is working.