Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.11.2006, 09:53 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default SX TUTORIAL SONG

For those still having problems with their VSTI projects.

DON'T BE MISLEAD BY THE ARPS SEEMINGLY WORKING IN THE TUTORIAL SX SONG. Mind the choice of their patches - percussive, discreet But the absolute hit for that matter is channel 5's "Dub Pad on Out 3+4" LOL!!

For reference solo just one arped channel, switch to this part in TI, and search for some other arpeggiated sound, preferably a lead type for a change. If now you notice that arp is out of sync at least you can be sure that the problem persists AND that it is not caused by maxing out the ti's DSProcessor. Listen for clicks and other artifacts. This is still the case with my TI.

What’s new in version 1.2.4?
Version 1.2.4 is a maintenance release. It resolves a problem
saving AU presets on Mac OS X, improves the startup
and introduces a component version number check.

What’s new in version 1.2.3?
Version 1.2.3. resolves startup and synchronisation issues, improves
the handling of 48k projects, offers faster starting up of
the Virus Control plug-in and other refinements.

What’s new in version 1.2.1?
Version 1.2.1 is a maintainance update to Version 1.2.1 with no
additional features. It fixes a MIDI timing related bug introduced
in version 1.2.0.

What’s new in version 1.2.0?
Direct monitoring
VU style level meters

What’s new in version 1.1?
Remote Mode

I can’t see any progress in stability or sync since 1.09 or so, when the Satan Saw was finally calmed down (reappears also in standalone, but very seldom and rather quiet)

No, cracks are less frequent in VC.

-dedicated USB card, no improvement BTW
Old 25.06.2007, 08:44 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default cubase runtime error

Hello,

When using virus control in Cubase sx 3.1.1.944, after a while, cubase returns a runtime error. It's a fresh XP sp2 system, audiophile 24/96, new usb cable, irq not shared.

szAppName : Cubasesx3.exe szAppVer : 3.1.1.944 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Did any of you received a runtime error?
Old 08.06.2008, 02:27 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Question having trouble with Virus ti and ableton

Hi im having trouble getting my virus ti to work in ableton 6 if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to install and hook up hw to a pc using ableton 6 this would be awesome.
cheers.
Steve
Old 08.06.2008, 02:48 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifylight View Post
Hi im having trouble getting my virus ti to work in ableton 6 if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to install and hook up hw to a pc using ableton 6 this would be awesome.
cheers.
Steve
Hey steve, welcome to the forum. what have you tried so far and what are the errors that you are getting?
Old 12.06.2008, 01:38 AM
New here
New here

Hi there! Im new to the forum, just got a TI desktop and theres something which is freaking me out.
Thing is, when I load a MIDI in FL of an arped melody and I load VC and I make a patch consisting of>
Osc 1: Hypersaw; -12 semitones; Density 9.0; Detune 95; Key Follow: Norm.
Osc 2: Same settings as Osc 1.
Osc 3: Saw; -12 semitones; Detune 102; Volume 100
Unison: Mode: 8; Spread 127; Detune 127; LFO phase: 0

No SUB OSC, No Noise nor Ring modulator; OSC 1/2 Balance at 0

AMP: 0 attack; 0 decay; 127 sustain; 48 release
Filter; Lowpass analog mode 1; env amount 74; 0 attack; 35 decay; 0 sustain; 0 release.

NO FX AT ALL

When I start to play, it start making all sort of pops, clicks and crackles :S it also plays the melody kind of wrong as if some notes delay or play before, I cant realize well. Thing is, I dont know what it is, I discovered that when I turn unison off, all this trouble goes away, but I cant believe the TI cant handle this patch, Im running just this patch in VC and im using FL8. Does this happens to someone else cause im getting really scared that the Virus do this, I cant believe it cant handle 1 patch
Old 13.06.2008, 11:43 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange View Post
Tarekith, in your system, is VC being updated? I mean the patches and when you moove knobs on your hardware? Access doesn't want to reply to me somehow, probably they don't know any solution, maybe you know...
Audio is being sent from the TI to host via USB and MIDI is being sent from the host to hardware via USB as well, so the communication works in both ways, except patches and controllers. Do you think a USB card could solve my problem?
happened here once, reinstalling the Virus driver should solve the issue.

... think that may come from changing the USB port, which the Virus is/was connected to.
Old 28.01.2009, 08:00 PM
New here
New here

My TI and cubase studio 4.5.2 are happy bunnies together other than known os3 issues.

i would recommend to not use the TI as your main audio card, its poor anyway

get rid of any undesired services and stop firewalls and virus programs running while in audio use. including any sevices running in the background they may have started. AVG leaves a service going even though you exit it.

Here is the world's best tune up site...

http://www.blackviper.com/

make sure you have the usb power saver set to disabled in the registry. The install does it for you on request. but make sure its "1".

also midi issues with time stamping in windows xp can be solved with this micrsoft update. where some pcs suffer from clock sync issues. especially laptops.

use the microsoft update kb896256

to enable

PerfEnablePackageIdle

at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256

This update apparently straightens the use of your TSC clock in timestamps.

Quote from microsoft..........

"Correct TSC synchronization
On some operating systems, the processor TSC may change the rate at which it counts. Additionally, the processor TSC may stop counting when specific processor power management features are used. On computers that have multiple processors, the TSC is typically the operating system hardware timer that supports calls to the kernel KeQueryPerformanceCounter function. When TSC does not increment monotonically, system components that use the kernel KeQueryPerformanceCounter function may not work correctly. To address this problem, Microsoft makes it possible for the ACPI Power Management Timer to be used as the operating system timer that supports the kernel KeQueryPerformanceCounter function. However, some programs may directly access the TSC by bypassing the Windows timer APIs. The multiple-processor Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) makes sure that the TSC registers on all processors on a multiple-processor computer remain closely synchronized. Therefore, access by system software that may be directed to different processors does not return different results. This change makes sure that the multiple-processor HAL continues to correctly synchronize the TSCs across all processors on a computer, even if the ACPI power management timer is used as the operating system hardware timer. "

what i really find is a good audio pc is a good virus TI.

watch your cpu isn't spiking if that is happening there is something wrong.

you might have a faulty cpu too!

in normal pc use you wouldn't notice a faulty core as the mfr's don't care about us musi's. also you could have faulty Ram Too! don't assume that because your pc is happy in normal use that it meets audio specs. your cpu could be overheating and that cause spikes.
Old 28.01.2009, 08:13 PM
New here
New here

also turn down the brightness levels on your TI. it works better when flat out!
Old 03.04.2009, 01:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Definetly solved timing for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugface View Post
also midi issues with time stamping in windows xp can be solved with this micrsoft update. where some pcs suffer from clock sync issues. especially laptops.

use the microsoft update kb896256

to enable

PerfEnablePackageIdle

at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256

This update apparently straightens the use of your TSC clock in timestamps.

Quote from microsoft..........

"Correct TSC synchronization
On some operating systems, the processor TSC may change the rate at which it counts. Additionally, the processor TSC may stop counting when specific processor power management features are used. On computers that have multiple processors, the TSC is typically the operating system hardware timer that supports calls to the kernel KeQueryPerformanceCounter function. When TSC does not increment monotonically, system components that use the kernel KeQueryPerformanceCounter function may not work correctly. To address this problem, Microsoft makes it possible for the ACPI Power Management Timer to be used as the operating system timer that supports the kernel KeQueryPerformanceCounter function. However, some programs may directly access the TSC by bypassing the Windows timer APIs. The multiple-processor Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) makes sure that the TSC registers on all processors on a multiple-processor computer remain closely synchronized. Therefore, access by system software that may be directed to different processors does not return different results. This change makes sure that the multiple-processor HAL continues to correctly synchronize the TSCs across all processors on a computer, even if the ACPI power management timer is used as the operating system hardware timer. "

Just managed to save myself hours of manual wave capture and hand quantising stuff..
Had the usual 3 to 5 millisecond drift but the bad arp timing and the usb clicks are gone.
I've tested it for a week now with several old mixes known to have bad arp drift and clicks. All gone.
The thing for me is why my windows auto update didn't ever include this..?? Mad! Such a crucial fix.
Old 21.02.2010, 11:40 AM
Newborn
Newborn

@ Pugface: Thank a ton for finding a fix. I have just managed to get my TI2 synced up using the virus ti plugin with this xp update