Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.05.2004, 05:22 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Virus indigo for powercore

Well, got mine delivered yesterday after a long 2 months delay of its release and the most prick tease of a demo ever

Installation could of been easier and I think will cause a lot of people problems (mainly tc support Anyhow, got it all up and running and I can say its simply amazing. The sound is identical to a virus b and it imports patches perfectly. Even virus c sounds it will import and they sound fine even without the eq and moog filter settings some have.

Having these kind of sounds in vsti form now is a godsend, I used to (and still do) hate working with outboard hardware and audio files, recording, processing, changing stuff, re-recording, midi-chans....total pain in the arse.

My only real gripe is the polyphony count. You only get 16 voices per dsp which max out REALLY easily on large string/pad patches. I loaded megapad1 from the vengence sound incubation2, played a triad chord and ALL 16 were used with just those 3 keys, then you get that annoying sucking sound when you switch to another triad as all the voices have run out. Dont even think about using the other 3 parts for different sounds when using a big string/pad patch. Of course I can turn down the unison and take out the 3rd osc and turn off the sub osc.....but who wants to? Real bummer

And why oh why did they not change/remove the stupid global reverb/delay, it makes using it in multipart useless. This has to easily be the most hated part of any virus.

Anyhow, aside from those 2 things, the virus powercore is great. Sound is awesome and it runs pretty much flawlessly. I will be definatly getting the multidsp license when it comes out.

ten
Old 11.05.2004, 07:04 AM
Amateur
Amateur

No way so it sound great does it? would you say its just as good as the real thing?

Also I dont use any soft synths atall really but the Vanguard really is good! with the right amount of processing it sounds fat as and really seems to lock bang on on the notes which really annoys my on the Virus!!

The virus dosnt seem to lock full on and alyway get anyone Phasing off my Beats sum times!! Im talking mili seconds here!!!
Old 11.05.2004, 07:06 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Very noticeable on 1/32 riff! I like the Idea of not having to get soft synths off as Audio adding processing to each channel while midi is still in active!!!

Can you do this wth the Virus Plugin "ten"?
Old 11.05.2004, 07:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

It sounds exactly the same as the hardware version. Its truly awesome. Im buying another powercore soon so I can have 4 more virus plugins running

I dont agree about vanguard, I think it has one of the worst sound quality of any soft synth. Oh yea, it makes really nice cheesy trance sounds, and manuels demo makes it sound even better, but the synth itself and the sound quality is absolutley dire. The grainyness from the oscs, the harsh tones and the aliasing all over the place. It sits so badly in a mix its pretty much unusable. I wouldnt recommend vanguard to anyone, disaster softsynth.

The last part of your question I do not understand...
Quote:
The virus dosnt seem to lock full on and alyway get anyone Phasing off my Beats sum times!! Im talking mili seconds here!!!"
sorry, dont have a clue what your talking about here.

Quote:
"I like the Idea of not having to get soft synths off as Audio adding processing to each channel while midi is still in active!!! "
Yes the virus plugin works like any other soft-synth. Load an instance and add effects to the vst chan and no audio processing needed, lovely.

Ten
Old 11.05.2004, 08:06 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Mate I wouldnt use the Vanguard as a main lead in a track im pure outboard!!

But with very well placed and used processing it sounds very good a matter what you say!

Havnt used the original sounds so dont know what you mean....

I meant my Virus dosnt sit full on in time in the mix compared to plugginns... Yes its in time but slightly sways left and right in the mix meaning the plug in virus probably locks lot beter being a pluginn and all!
Old 11.05.2004, 09:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds like you have some serious hardware/software problems (and english/grammer) there I know loads of people using outboard and the hardware virus' with no problems like that at all.

And vanguard is still shit, no matter what YOU say

ten
Old 11.05.2004, 10:19 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
And vanguard is still shit, no matter what YOU say

Each 2 there own dude!!!

Besides I dont use it anyhow mayyyyyte!

Just stating my view that it can sound fat with some well placed and thoughtful processing!!

Quote:
Sounds like you have some serious hardware/software problems (and english/grammer) there
Yeah man for real some of the swedish guys on here have better engelash then me!!

But if you looking for it I suppose ill have to get my thick dictionary out like the one Mummy bought you for Christmas!!!
Old 11.05.2004, 10:31 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with you on the Virus Powercore - it rules!

There's no way they could have altered the Global Reverb/Delay though, as it is still on one DSP, just like in the hardware Virus. However, when you get yourself the Multi license, you will have a separate Delay/Reverb for each DSP, which should prove to be enough.

On the subject of Vanguard, I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with it as well - as I played through all the presets, I felt like I was listening to the same sound over and over. The flexibility of the Virus makes a mockery of crud like that!
Old 11.05.2004, 10:43 AM
Amateur
Amateur

To be fair though thats why I dont use any soft synths mate!!!

But still in my opinion, they have to be one of the beter ones on the market!!
Old 11.05.2004, 11:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to nrgy

\ / getting my virus powercore plugin next week. can't wait!