Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.04.2004, 09:20 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Default white noise????

This morning thought id plug my virus straight out the outputs of the VC direct in to my monitors with planet wave cables and even with the volume up or down I still hear quite alot of white noise!! I always thought it was the mixer!!

Anyone else have this?????
Old 16.04.2004, 10:30 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

sounds like something is wrong with the putputs
did you try using different outputs on the virus?
Old 16.04.2004, 11:22 AM
Amateur
Amateur

no i havnt tried yet but will do in a minute!!
Old 16.04.2004, 03:54 PM

If you use outputs 1 & 2 AND you have midi 'in' & 'out' plugged in you will experience noise. In fact you will experience noise pop and other weird artifacts. I have not actually used outputs 2 & 3.....so I cant comment. Its a bit of a bummer because if you wanted to do a live gig using all outputs (i.e. surround sound) you'd be a little fooked wouldnt you. Ive experienced this with ALL the virus' that Ive owned.

No doubt, the next model will remedy this. I have a new KC (2weeks old) and it has a much cleaner headphone output now!).

DS
Old 16.04.2004, 07:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

so its hardware not software
thats kind of bad because this means that software updates wont be able to fix it
i havent expirienced noisy outputs with my virus b
Old 08.05.2004, 04:43 PM

Did this help u???

Let me know

DS
Old 08.05.2004, 07:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
If you use outputs 1 & 2 AND you have midi 'in' & 'out' plugged in you will experience noise. In fact you will experience noise pop and other weird artifacts. I have not actually used outputs 2 & 3.....so I cant comment. Its a bit of a bummer because if you wanted to do a live gig using all outputs (i.e. surround sound) you'd be a little fooked wouldnt you. Ive experienced this with ALL the virus' that Ive owned.

No doubt, the next model will remedy this. I have a new KC (2weeks old) and it has a much cleaner headphone output now!).

DS
sorry, but that's just wrong. your studio has a ground problem, not the virus. if you hear pops and clicks or even modem-type noise that normally indicates that something is wrong with one of your synth/interfaces etc. do a simple test: check if the problem persists when you plug a headphone into your virus (which must not be MIDI/Audio connected at this time). if it's gone it's your studio. if not, your virus is damaged.

marc
Old 08.05.2004, 08:13 PM

I have the midi going from Virus to pc soundcard. I have the audio output going from virus to active speakers (I use no mixer when playing around). When the midi and audio are plugged in at same time I get this kind of noise. Do you think there is a problem with that kind of setup?

Since the audio output 1&2 is right next to the midi in/out....Ive kinda concluded that neither of these outputs are sheilded from interference. Perhaps someone could correct me on that

DS
Old 09.05.2004, 01:27 AM

Have you tried plugging in the headphones by themselves as Marc said though DS?

I don't know alot about grounding and power setups, but I do know over here in Japan the standard wall power out-lets do not have earth. To stop the little bit of noise I had in my setup, I made my own earthing sytem running the mixer and speakers on the same earth cable (infact most things go through the same earth cable). This stopped the small amount of noise I had straight away.

I'd try the headphones DS, if there is no noise, then read up about earthing/grounding your gear.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 09.05.2004, 08:41 AM

Hiya

There is a little white noise in the background at high volumn levels.....b'cos i have my audio cables going from the Virus to active speakers in a messy way. Since im only playing around with the Virus theres no point me making all the cabling neat (Gotoa move my gear down to anothr next week anywayz!). Its not the constant background noise that im referring to......

Its the occasional weird pops and clicks I get when my Virus is middied up to my soundcard. I can hear these artifacts both, when running the Virus to active monitors or headphones. Now, THe computer/soundcard could be at fault.....or there is an issue with the sheilding between midi in/out and audio in/out.

*I'm sceptical as to whether its the pc/sound card combo...b'cos I seem to remember having this with the Delta 1010 interface.

**Another weird thing is that when its midied up, I serioruly loose poly when playing notes into my sequencer. I like have about 4-6 note poly....notes just cut out all the time.

***This all becomes part of my midi hell !

However this is all being offset by the fact that im making some really nice sounds on my virus heheheeh

DS