Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 13.04.2004, 01:41 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Default YAMAHA!!!!!

Right After 2 weeks of having the O1x ive come to the conclusion its a proper piece of shit!!!
Even yamaha have admitted its been rushed out and its practically an unfinished model!

I cant be fucked to wait around for updates and bug fixes every other month not worth it especially when our studio needs to be up and running (cant go with out the cash)

Basically The CPU Hogs like a bitch it like adds an extra 45 % load to the normal and it crashes and loses sync all the time with SX which isn't healthy atall!!!!

My main concern and for a lot of people is the noise you get off the input channels I mean The virus sounds so damn hisssssssy off the damn thing its unbelievable and apparently there bringing a fix out for it!

But havnt got time to wait around!

So if anyones gonna go out and get one look in to it before getting one as its a nightmare if you ask me!

GAK who i got it off have accepted that its faulty and Wont be giving me my money back only credit so with The left overs im not even gonna get a mixing desk im gonna get myself a delta 10 10 a another monitor screen and a nord lead 2!! Personally I think i dont even need a mixer as I dont have any outboard fxs but whats everyone's views on this?

you think i should get a mixer or not????

Love to hear peoples views on this man!!

Thanks guys
Old 13.04.2004, 08:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Well after carefull consideration of product and funds i purchased the DDX3216 by Behringer, when it shows up ill let you know what i think of it...

peace
Blank
Old 13.04.2004, 11:43 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I hope all the bugs are fixed for you shortly Lovesit!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 14.04.2004, 07:48 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I used to run two 24 channel mixers - a Soundcraft Delta S200B and a Behringer Eurodesk.

Got rid of them both and now record eveything into PC and mix on SL 2.0

Best thing I have ever done - I know this is a bit of a feisty topic but for me the sound quality has never sounded anywhere near as good as it does now! So clean and Oooooohh - it gets me excited!

Worth a thought! I think you will never regret going software based!

Instead of getting the 10-10, have you looked into the RME Hammerfalls?

Martyn
Old 16.04.2004, 09:11 AM
Amateur
Amateur

yeah cool "Blank" would love to hear what thats like? when are you hoping to recieve it? and what are you replacing?

Martyn what is the RME Hammerfalls? not heard of this do you have link or anything!!

Yeah "hollowcell" I was gonna wait around for the bug fixxes but I have a studio that needs to be up and running so cant be botthered to be one of yammies rabbit testers! sent it back now as you probably allready know!!!just a matter of choosing the right soundcard now!!!
Old 16.04.2004, 09:54 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

303lovesit,

Check out the RME website. They do a whole range of soundcards and if you check out some reviews they are rated higher than the m-audio's. I have a 2496 and am quite pleased with it but I don't do much recording from an external source.

If you are recording from a few sources you may want a soundcard with better AD converters. You can readx about them here www.rme-audio.com/.
Old 16.04.2004, 12:39 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I have a hammerfall that i have not been able to use because of the optical ports only on it...now with the DDX3216 and the adat card with it i can finally hook it up...which will be nice...first of it should arrive in a couple of weeks...second its replacing a carvin FX 1244 Mixer/PA which sux ass...ill let you know what i think when i get it...but i will say that the RME products r really great...and their tech support is on the ball...

peace
Blank
Old 01.05.2004, 12:26 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Send a message via ICQ to DJ DIRTY
Default RME

Hi. I Just wonted to say that I had a yamaha dsp factory before, still have that sound card laying around somwhere.. But than I purchased M-audio Delta 66 which i still own, but i've moved it to another computer. It's a great card and all, BUt I purchased an RME hamerfall, and I will not go back. The rme card is amazing, I did various test, and to me it sounds cleaner than the delta 66, my virus sounds crispier than ever.. And I tested both cards in th same system using the same components and of course same monitors and same tunes.. I just think that rme has an edge over the maudio cards.. It is little more expensie than the m-audio cards but it's the best thing i did so far...
Old 01.05.2004, 08:54 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

DON'T BUY A MIXER!!! Buy a AD/DA interface and a RME card. I recently swapped my mixer (Yamaha 02R) for a Kronauer AD/AD Converter and a RME card. I sounds soooo much better and is way more flexible. This is one of the best things i've done, without a doubt. there are lots of good ad/da converters out there. Rme has some, Creamware , Alesis, kronauer ect. But there is a but...your computer must be powerful.
Old 01.05.2004, 08:59 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

BTW

I use all my hardware synth in together with the soft synths and audio tracks. The hardware synths uses the fx in logic (Vsts) in real time.

Unbelivable control and total recall