Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 14.10.2007, 11:46 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Has anyone done any music today?

Or even this month? I know I fucking haven't..

There a funny story about Pythagoras and how he discovered the music scale and all that, but then he totally turned his back on music. Also, Salvador Dali declared all musicians to be "cretins".
Old 14.10.2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

I went to the Dali museum in St. Peterrsburg Florida a few years ago. Really fucking cool. I even bought and had nicely framed a print of "The Hallucinogenic Toreador." But now that he's referred to us as cretins, I might just have to wipe my ass with his print and piss on it.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.10.2007, 04:09 PM

Well, he hasn't just said it now. He said it fucking ages ago. You cretin.
Old 14.10.2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

I like being a cretin, and you should too, because you are one and nothing you do will ever change that fact.

I doubt I'll be doing alot of music today. I have to write a sizeable paper for school, which I am behind on because I had to euthanize my beloved, old dog, Sidney this Friday AM, and have been quite depressed since we became aware this had to be done early last week. He had hip dysplasia really bad and was losing his ability to get up at all without help. He was my best friend for almost 13 years, always glad to see his master, and a very sweet, intelligent animal.

I've had so many good ideas for tracks though, and I've been starting them out by recording the key riff (that jumps in my head) into my sequencer. I set it up as best I can, usually taking no more than an hour, and leave it for later. That's all I have time for right now. Next year I will take a 2 week holiday and do nothing but finish these songs I've started. My DAW is clean, freshly installed with everything, I have 2 new toys (Albino 3 and Battery 3) and am ready to produce...
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.10.2007, 05:41 PM

hey alex, what kind of dog was Sidney?
Old 14.10.2007, 06:03 PM

Losing a dog is well sad. Sorry to hear that mate.
Old 14.10.2007, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Hey Doc and Matt,

Sidney was half German Shepherd and half Golden Retriever. I am very saddened by this, but very relieved that I was able to end his suffering peacefully and painlessly as opposed to leeting Mother Nature's viscious course do him in. I am also very happy for the time I had with him. Heather pulled out a lot of old pictures of us running around with him. He used to pick up these huge branches of fallen trees and run around taunting us, like "This is my big ass stick and you can't take it from me because you're a slow human, Ha Ha!"

He was a very strong dog, but so nice and sweet, he never bit anyone or another animal. We fed him ground beef, broccoli, and rice all cooked up twice a day for his whole adult life. One day this little poodle started biting on his leg one day and Sidney just looked down at it and with his mouth open, panting, kind of laughing to himself. The little French bastard got wise and took off. It was pretty funny!

But old age and hip dysplasia, a genetic ailment that both German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers are prone to set in a few years ago. I'm glad I listened to my veterinarian. As soon as he was diagnosed I stopped going to the gym in the morning's and walked with him around the nighborhood for two miles, 3 times per week to reduce his weight. He dropped from 110 pounds to 95 pounds in about 4 months. This slowed the stress on his hips and his decline. We also medicated him appropriately to further stabilize him and maintain his quality of life.

I knew the beginning of the end had started and I made it a point to spend time with him when I was home, which wasn't alot for a few years before he got sick, as I was working two and three jobs at a time to pay the bills. But I always fed him and walked him every morning and always sat with him for a few minutes and talked to him and petted him before I went to work, at a minimum. He would freak out when I came home, barking like hell and wagging his tail. It was a great welcoming every day after the daily grind had taken its toll on me.

We knew as of last Wednesday that he had to be put down. He could not really get up, it took him 10 minutes to stand and then he was not stable walking and fell once or twice. His last few days I picked him up and carried him to the dining room so he could eat with us like he always did, carried him outside so he could use the bathroom after dinner, and carried him to his bed in my bedroom once it was time to turn in.

I spent every minute with him when I was home from Wednesday through Friday of last week. I saw him more in the last 3 days than in the last three months for sure. I am so thankful I took that time because I cannot reclaim it now that he is gone. I'm behind in a huge term paper due tomorrow but I'm not worried about it, I'll do what I can and pray for a decent grade. He was so happy I was home with him. I was so happy to be there for him in his final hours. We fed him like a king all week, beef, bacon, cheese, all his favorites. We gave him a huge cow bone to chew on each night. He went out in style.

May you rest in peace Sidney, my dear friend. You are the best boy that ever was and I hope to see you in heaven when my time here is finished.

Thanks for your condolences and well wishes, fellas.

Regards,

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.10.2007, 09:03 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. As I have never had a pet I cannot pretend to know what you are going through but I can tell by your words and pictures that he will be missed.

I am working on a track at the moment with my friend but today I have just been going to the 'START' patch and seeing where things develop.

It's so satisfying to just mess with a great synthesizer and listen to what can be created even if it is just an old fashioned 'WWWOOOOWWW' sound, I'll never get bored of it!

I have been messing about with Oscillator Sync as I don't think I use this enough.

Anyway, have a good evening.

Dave.
Old 14.10.2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Dave,

Are you programming your TI, or another synth?

I've spent countless hours drooling and tweaking over a sound in the past. I can't wait for my next opportunity.

Do you just hear something in your head and try and make it come out of your synth or is your method of creation different?

Cheers,

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.10.2007, 10:03 PM
Pro
Pro

That sucks Alex. I've only ever had cats but had to have one put down this year after he was hit by a car and the injuries were permanent enough that his quality of life was going down hill and weren't likely to recover. Sucked really bad as he was the most laid back cat I have ever met. So docile and relaxed, great with the kids even if they were a bit rough.

Unlike the cat we have now who is a fat lazy cunt who likes to sleep on top of me and gets angry when you play with him. We spent about a grand on surgery and treatment for Dali after the accident which wasn't a problem. I'd probably spend a grand to get rid of this fucker.

I guess you can take solace in that your dog lived a good, full life and didn't have to suffer.