Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.03.2010, 05:11 PM
New here
New here

Default Begging for some help.....

Hi All...

First time post...but been reading these forums for weeks.

After educating myself about the Virus for some time, and comparison shopping against several other brands of synths....I decided to go for an Access Virus TI Snow. Yesterday, thrilled to finally pull the trigger, I picked up a brand new Snow from Guitar Center in San Diego, CA USA.

I proudly took home the factory sealed carton (it had Access packing tape all around it...never opened), and opened it up. Inside is a printed card which says: "Access does not include an install CD Rom. You must use an internet connection to download...". Ok....so I got to the Access website and begin to register my product. Locate the serial number on the sticker that is on the inner product shipping box....which matches the sticker on the bottom of the Snow itself, which matches the serial number displayed in the operating system screen. Enter that serial number into the registration screen on the Access website...and promptly get an error saying that the serial number has been previously registered! So I am dead in the water... No install CD in box....no way to register to download!

So I use the Access support portal to send an email support request. It gives me a ticket number...and says I will get a confirmation email and someone will reply shortly. Never get a confirmation email. No one has responded in 24 hours now. Double checked my email address...sent a second request, and even sent a 3rd request on a different email address, just to be sure. No confirmation emails on any of those 3 attempts. No replys or responses from Access.

So I register on the Access public forum. Post yesterday for some help....but a full German work day later and no moderator or Access support person has yet responded. Try to search for a moderator through the site to see if I can get some help or a better email contact for someone at Access....but only registered product users can apparently search for moderators! It blocks me again!

Again....over 24 hours after dropping substantial cash via a retail seller on an Access product, and I am sitting here looking at my purchase with my **** in my hand! This is a ridiculous out-of-box experience for a first time Access customer!

And why lock up the download like a drum anyways???!!! If you don't have the hardware, then the download is useless to you, right? Its not like this is a softsynth. The hardware itself is the dongle...right?

Regardless.... What can I do now? I am in San Diego, CA USA.....and calling Access in Germany is pricey, and the 3 hour window it says they are open for service calls is at like 4AM to me...

How can I simply get the latest software download so that I can update my OS and get the "total integration" I purchased!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there any other way to get ahold of the download files? Or am I just going to get hung up when trying to install the download due to my serial number not being properly registered?

Surely this nonsense must have a solution that doesn't involve me calling Germany in the middle of the night or waiting for days on end?????

Thank you most sincerely for allowing me to vent...and for any feedback or advice you may have for me.

Extremely frustrated.........

Ron
San Diego, CA USA
Old 03.03.2010, 09:11 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@RonF

I understand that you are frustrated and shouldn't happen.

I think that all products from ACCESS should have a CD for a possibility to install the VIRUS. It's a shame that they think to save money for a CD with data on it!!!!!!!

I feel with you mate! I hope that it will be corrected by ACCESS fast.

A possible solution for you, try this link here (did you already?):

http://www.accessmusic.de/page/rende...and_press.html

Scroll down to customer support and there click on Support by e-mail. I think you will get in contact with them right away and expalain your problem. The support normally is very good and I don't understand this really. (check the spam filter)

I hope I could help with the link and that your problems will be sorted out fast.

Cheers
Old 03.03.2010, 09:23 PM
New here
New here

Well it appears that Access has heard my cries. I just received an email from a product director who has forwarded an internal email to an Access office here in the USA. Hopefully they will sort this out fast.

Anyways..........Thanks for taking the time to hear my story, and I look forward to hanging out here on these forums in coming weeks.....

Thanks!

Ron
Old 03.03.2010, 10:17 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Make sure all your capital letters are capital and lower case are lower case. I ran into a similer problem and that fixed it.
Old 03.03.2010, 10:19 PM
New here
New here

Checked and triple checked.....that is definitely NOT the problem. I made sure to get case sensitivity correct........that was my first thought too!
Old 03.03.2010, 10:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Did you try the normal Access support email, or is that no longer available to public view? support at access-music.de

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 03.03.2010, 10:47 PM
New here
New here

The only support email capability that I have found is directly on the Support page of the Access website, and its a built in application for submitting a request. No direct email address that I have found.........but I will try this email address now that you shared it with me.....thanks!
Old 04.03.2010, 12:19 AM
New here
New here

I have to say....once Access got wind of my problem...they absolutely bent over backwards to take care of me, including personal phone calls and extensive follow up with the dealer who sold me the unit to find out what actually caused the issue. They took this very seriously and I am truly impressed with the people behind the product. Bottom line, I am now fully registered and a happy camper. Nice!

Thanks for the comments and support i got on this forum too...good bunch of guys you all are!

Ron
Old 04.03.2010, 04:11 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

The very best companies positively welcome customer complaints because they are all opportunities to (a) improve your products/services, (b) demonstrate how responsive they are, (c) transform detractors into proselytizers, and (d)... I've forgotten what (d) is

Glad you are now firmly on track Ron, and welcome.
Old 04.03.2010, 07:28 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
I have to say....once Access got wind of my problem...they absolutely bent over backwards to take care of me, including personal phone calls and extensive follow up with the dealer who sold me the unit to find out what actually caused the issue. They took this very seriously and I am truly impressed with the people behind the product. Bottom line, I am now fully registered and a happy camper. Nice!

Thanks for the comments and support i got on this forum too...good bunch of guys you all are!

Ron
Of all the larger synth companies, Access is probably the best in the industry when it comes to customer service. Very responsive and hands on in every issue I've seen.