Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 26.06.2009, 08:59 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default kamui virus soundset

hi,

anyone here got the kamui virus soundset?
sounds great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn1oZRffcT0
Old 26.06.2009, 03:32 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

$40 for some patches!!!! You have got to be joking right?
Old 26.06.2009, 07:55 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Manuel Schleis' Incubation Soundsets cost €46 and they are must have if you are into trance, even you should be capable of tweaking your own sounds since you own a VIRUS

This Kamui set is interesting, finally not another one from the 'commerse' line
Old 27.06.2009, 03:13 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quite capable of making my own sounds, that way I dont have to pay some geek to do it for me
Old 27.06.2009, 07:55 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Capable of making your own soundset or not the Ummett Ozcan Soundset it a must have. Even the most experienced sound designer can benifit from anothers ideas and directions.
Old 28.06.2009, 07:23 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

I dont believe in any such thing as a 'must have' sound set for 2 reasons, the first being, the sounds you want or need really depend on what kind of music you want to make with this instrument (thats assuming that some people DO actually use this synth to make music although not much of it on this forum...cmon lets hear some more tracks peeps!) The second reason is that if someone has created a patch then U2 can recreate it if you know enough about the synth...hey its not rocket science. Just my 2c
Old 29.06.2009, 11:14 AM
Pro
Pro

I disagree - I bought the Polar knowing very little about subtractive synthesis and the ability to look at what the settings are on patches has taught me so much about what parameters change what types of sound instead of blindly fumbling in the dark - the ability to buy a professional sound set and have a look at those sounds/edits as well is worth the price of admission alone.

Consider it the same way you would a piano lesson - a bit of money, for the ability to pick up new information you likely would not learn on your own.

Also it seems to me a fair few people post music on the forums, perhaps you just dont notice.
Old 29.06.2009, 09:34 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Each to there own I guess but with all the free soundsets available including some very pro ones, Depeche Mode, Sasha etc. to learn from I still dont understand why you would have to buy one in order to learn about programming
Including myself only 8 people this month have posted links to there music...not a whole lot for a forum full of synthesizer owners.
Old 01.07.2009, 06:14 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Berni must be the man. This forum has loads of award winning producers, legendary electronic musicians, synth enthusiasts, synth designers, hobbyists, instrument collectors.... all sorts of people.

Berni seems like the easily offended, defensive type of synth forum dude. Be careful... we can be exceedingly sarcastic, silly, and can kill small animals with our overly dry humor.
Old 01.07.2009, 09:36 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
Berni must be the man. This forum has loads of award winning producers, legendary electronic musicians, synth enthusiasts, synth designers, hobbyists, instrument collectors.... all sorts of people.

Berni seems like the easily offended, defensive type of synth forum dude. Be careful... we can be exceedingly sarcastic, silly, and can kill small animals with our overly dry humor.
How did U know? I actually am the man! Lol. 'easily offended'? Nonsense, I'm English & we wrote the book on sarcasm, silly & dry humor...bring it on, but be careful, my un-tamed wit can strip the flesh from your bones