Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.04.2005, 12:23 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
expect the worst and anything else you get is a bonus...

there is no way you will see access admitting to a full OS rewrite.

cheers

blay
Expect death and anything esle you get is a bonus......

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 27.04.2005, 09:37 PM

One thing I was thinking about today......

Ok, the Virus TI was originally announced in november 2004......does anyone here think its strange that the manual hasnt been released yet for us to read. I mean....I can understand there being holdups with the programming or whatever.....but if they thought it would be shipping back in 2004 then why hasnt the manual been published at least? Could it be the Ti features are still subject to change? Could it be that the TI is actually far from completion and we dont know the full story. Why oh why cant they put some kinda progress chart on their website indicating roughly how long certain aspects are taking. Ken McBeth spent a good 3.5 years developing the M5...and every step of the way he updated the site....even with trivial information such as 'the pots have now arrived from Japan.....and the metal case work is nearly done'.....atleast snippits of info like this engages potential customers and keep them upto speed with the progress being made. Honestly, as things stand right now....we just have no idea at what stage the TI is at....and if the pst 5 months are anything to go by...how the hell can Access expect us to keep hanging on like this. Put the ball on the other foot will ya...and see it from our perspective.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 27.04.2005, 09:39 PM

Public relations are so important to build and maintain....and the fiasco over the TI is really eroding confidence.....

Come on Access.....engage you customer base......it'll be your downfall if you neglect us.

DS

Old 27.04.2005, 11:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I must agree DS although it seems anything like this falls on deaf ears. Ive lost count how many times ive posted here or to the access list asking what the hold us is or why they choose not to communicate any information whatsoever and I dont even get an aknowledgement, totally ignored each time. Its pathetic really, whatever they hope to acheive by this total blanket of silence is beyond me and quite disrespectful to its customer base, especially people who have paid for this synth 5 months ago.

ten
Old 28.04.2005, 03:33 AM

honestly - why would access give a shit about a few whinging customers when they already have millions of euros in presales?

cheers

blay
Old 28.04.2005, 05:29 AM
Veteran
Veteran

DS they can't write a manual if a feature hasn't been finnished.
Old 28.04.2005, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Perhaps I should point out here that Access doesn't actually have any of those 'millions' of Euros - pre-sales are by no means the same thing as sales!
Old 28.04.2005, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Perhaps I should point out here that Access doesn't actually have any of those 'millions' of Euros - pre-sales are by no means the same thing as sales!
"if you build it, they will come".

...to quote a really bad old american dream film.

cheers

blay
Old 28.04.2005, 09:14 AM

Blay.....you seen 'Field of Dreams' then hehehe

You love it really!

DS

Old 28.04.2005, 10:58 AM

sorry to mislead you into thinking that i actually appreciated something that was created in the 80s beside my girlfriend DS - but that music sucked ass.

cheers

blay