Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 30.03.2010, 08:06 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default What's the deal?

I loved to come here to rant and hear interesting intricacies of non-sensible bastardness in a desperation to fulfill my pathetic life. What the fuck! Can anybody point me in the direction of where the classic members have done run off too? Did Ol' Vanta Man, Hollowcell, AlexH and the like die in a fiery plane wreak? They knock-up some czech hookers? Maybe imprisoned in some secret cuban internment camp? All the other forum shits make me want to punch babies... Deliver me from this shit!
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 30.03.2010, 04:17 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Mmmm ... I'll have what he's having
Old 15.05.2010, 02:36 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by iand View Post
I loved to come here to rant and hear interesting intricacies of non-sensible bastardness in a desperation to fulfill my pathetic life. What the fuck! Can anybody point me in the direction of where the classic members have done run off too? Did Ol' Vanta Man, Hollowcell, AlexH and the like die in a fiery plane wreak? They knock-up some czech hookers? Maybe imprisoned in some secret cuban internment camp? All the other forum shits make me want to punch babies... Deliver me from this shit!
Alot of the old members, have become inactive.

I joined back in 2002....and for several years after this was the best site to play around on - interesting people, tips and some crazies lol. But as people get older, their priorities change, they move on. Some dont have as much time to make music (families etc). Its just one of those sad things. It kinda reminds me of 2001-2003 when I used to have epic online games with Ghost Recon. I had some amazing buddies back then...it was a real laugh....but then we all went our seperate ways. I'll never forget those good times.

We have the best Access virus forum here. Its original and well looked after by Timo (I think!). Sadly, some of our more characterful members have moved on....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 16.05.2010, 01:50 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I suspect the Virus line isn't as popular today as it used to be. Soft synths caught up big time. Maybe Access should start reducing their ridiculous prices?
Old 16.05.2010, 03:35 AM
Pro
Pro

I have to agree that the TI's are way overpriced particuarly in Australia - the cheapest I could look for a Polar or KB was 4.5k. Ended up importing from US, including shipping and tax and got a Polar for 3.17.

I apologise for making you want to assault infants.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 16.05.2010, 05:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Ive noticed since access took over there own Virus forum there has been a lot less traffic on here. I dont think thier site is laid out as well as this one. As for pricing if you know where to look you can get good deals. I paid about half that for a brand new polar when I upgraded from the desktop. And please dont punch any babies on my behalf, eat a kitten instead.
Old 17.05.2010, 07:28 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
Ive noticed since access took over there own Virus forum there has been a lot less traffic on here. I dont think thier site is laid out as well as this one. As for pricing if you know where to look you can get good deals. I paid about half that for a brand new polar when I upgraded from the desktop. And please dont punch any babies on my behalf, eat a kitten instead.
There isn't a great deal of traffic on their site either. If Access could sell the snow for about $500, people would definitely buy it instead of a Blofeld.
Old 18.05.2010, 04:53 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I was referring to "forum shits" as the other forums. Not you shits on this forum. I apologize for my bas-ackward redneck lingo.

The babies are doomed...
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 21.05.2010, 11:05 PM
Administrator

I'm still here!

Many of the top-10 posters haven't logged in for a while, but I think it's entirely for the reasons Digital Screams mentioned. Originally many were in their early 20s with no ties, but most now have kids growing up, missus's to keep happy, jobs to earn cash and houses to look after, etc.. Having a little niece, I appreciate how much time and focus they take!

I would post more in the tech sections myself but I'm limited as most threads are TI-based.

But also, yes, traffic plummeted when Access opened their own forum. I must admit I felt a little less enthused as a result. Not only that but also due to Access being unable to fulfill their t-shirt prize promise for the Plasmatron/Graindance competition, as they had no t-shirts to give. Wasn't bothered for myself, but Shortbus (the other winner) I feel for. I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly gutted seeing as how much support and free press Sunesha/Infekted has given Access over the years.

Regards the site, currently I'm solely looking after the forums. Luckily it's not that expensive, only $10 per month plus domain hosting. I'd like to do more, but although I understand basic HTML and CSS unfortunately I don't know PHP, and the entire site is PHP based (after inheriting the site from Drammy, the jedi web guru ) so am limited as to what I can achieve at this point.

Where to go from here? For now I will keep the site running indefinately. I think it would also be good to be open to any/all ideas that anyone may have. The site has always been the community's rather than an owners' as such, so if it can evolve with the support from others and draw back web-traffic I'm all for it! Would love to hear your input. The Plasmatron and Graindance patch challenge was great, so we really should do another again I feel, but I'm unsure about prizes for winners.

Am currently off on holiday from tomorrow until the 29th, unfortunately with no internet access though, so be good while I'm away. (Haha, as if.)

Speak to you all soon.
Old 03.06.2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iand View Post
Hey iand! My mean dirty cranky minded ass is still alive. As far as the Czech hookers go, until videos show up on YouTube, mums the word from little old me. The last few years of my life have been MAD busy. I started graduate scjhool in 2007, and it has consumed ALOT of my time. I also have a wife and 2 kids, which I had when I was active and posting here, so I blame my extended absence on school mostly. Thank God I will be done with it in December of this year.

I agree with you, this forum was off the chain with sillyness and mayhem for quite some time. In addition to all that, there have been a number of well versed users of the Virus series synths that have been kind enough to share their knowledge with Infekted fledglings. Between the two it gave me and many others premise to spend alot of time on this board. I have only had time to come back and check in here and there, but look forward to that changing in December. If you like I can try and drop a controversial post or two in the Off Topic section each month. Muhahaa....

I am really looking forward to having time to record, remix, and tweak out again. Music has been a lifelong passion for me. When I was younger I dreamed of making my own, and in my late twenties I started buying good gear piece by piece, and now have a great little project studio at my house. It is ready to go, all I have to do is have the time to interact with it, and believe me I will do a shitload more of that as my stuidies close out.

I had a personal goal of making a mix and getting it played on BBC/Radio 1's Essential Mix by the time I was forty. I'm 36 now, so that dream is still a possibility. My journey from dormancy to full-on LFO tweakhead madness will be recorded here. A piece of me belongs to this board. I am grateful to Timo for keeping it up and running as he has. Originally he and I split up those costs and somehow I fouled up coughing up my end as time moved on, so I owe Timo a few bucks and a prostitute, at least.

It's nice to know there are others who remember the Golden Era of the UAVF. Someday soon I hope to see the beginning of the era of platinum.

Until then, I hope all you young and crazy bastards keep drinking liquor, smoking god knows what, and chasing women in between remixes and synth patch programming fits. You all have the power to energize the webspace here with your tales, photographs, and scanned copies of your police reports. Long live the UAVF!!!

Here's one of my trip to the beach last weekend:

Here's a photo of a young lad with the right attitude:

Here's one of me lobotomizing myself on my birthday earlier this year:

Here's me pinching my Uncle's nipple for a family photo:

Keep raising hell and making tunes, people! God bless!

-AlexHall74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Regards the site, currently I'm solely looking after the forums. Luckily it's not that expensive, only $10 per month plus domain hosting. I'd like to do more, but although I understand basic HTML and CSS unfortunately I don't know PHP, and the entire site is PHP based (after inheriting the site from Drammy, the jedi web guru ) so am limited as to I can achieve at this point.
Am currently off on holiday from tomorrow until the 29th, unfortunately with no internet access though, so be good while I'm away. (Haha, as if.)

Speak to you all soon.
Timo, you're a good man. I'm shooting you an e-mail from my Gmail account. Have a great vacation, Bro!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile