Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 19.02.2009, 03:27 PM
New here
New here

Default Vengeance Patches for Virus TI...

I've heard the demos...they sound pretty good, but the price is pretty hefty, nearly $70 each bank. Has anyone ordered these? I have a few questions....

1 How accurate are the patches in reference to the demo that vengeance provides? Basically, is the demo full of effects which arent built into the patches that they sell?

2. How would you rate the Vengeance series with other commercial patch releases?

Im well aware I can make my own patches, and thats a great suggestion, but my thread here is in specific request for opinions on Vengeance patches. Thanks
Old 19.02.2009, 04:03 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

The demos are very well sequenced - if you're going to get something out thats as good - then you need to put something in thats as good, kind of obvious, but thats what usually messes people up buying patch sets based upon well produced demos.

The patches however will sound as per the demo playing the same thing and with the same performance modulations etc with a slight possible caveat:

Im not 100% sure, but the demos do sounds like they are run through an SPL tube vitalizer to me (as well is a mastering chain etc) on quite subtle settings. I beleive Manuel used to have one, whether he used it on these demos however, I dont know.
Old 26.02.2010, 08:07 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbigmoz View Post
I've heard the demos...they sound pretty good, but the price is pretty hefty, nearly $70 each bank. Has anyone ordered these? I have a few questions....

1 How accurate are the patches in reference to the demo that vengeance provides? Basically, is the demo full of effects which arent built into the patches that they sell?

2. How would you rate the Vengeance series with other commercial patch releases?

Im well aware I can make my own patches, and thats a great suggestion, but my thread here is in specific request for opinions on Vengeance patches. Thanks
I have downloaded the FREE "Vengeance Virus TI Factory Bank" just to try and test them out but my Virus TI2 Polar cannot see them. I have put the MID file in the correct folder. I'm worried about spending money on the Incubation soundsets when I'm worried that I won't be able to install them.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you, Chris
Old 26.02.2010, 09:46 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Chris the reason why you cannot see them on your Virus TI is because the patches are already on the TI, they are either in patch section M for OS3 or section B for OS4
Old 26.02.2010, 10:55 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmade View Post
Chris the reason why you cannot see them on your Virus TI is because the patches are already on the TI, they are either in patch section M for OS3 or section B for OS4
Thank you.

But I can see all the other soundsets available even when I have installed them on the TI.

For example I bought the 7 Skies soundset, installed into ROM-V but it is still available for me to copy to another bank if I wish.

I have just tested this again.
7 skies.mid
vengeance.mid

run virus control centre
select personal libraries
7 skies visible, vengeance not visible

copy 7 skies to rom-v ok
select personal libraries and 7 skies still there, vengeance not.

In theory I could copy 7 skies to every rom.

I really want to buy incubation but I have no confidence it will work as every other one I have downloaded is visible except the vengeance one.

Thanks, Chris

ps I downloaded Incubation 1 and I CAN SEE THAT.

Is there some kind of protection system they are using? It is a free download, not pirate, but because it is supplied with the machine does it have some kind of 'lock' on it?
Old 27.02.2010, 04:58 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Is your file in standard MIDI format? I think that Virus Control would only read that kind of files.
Old 01.03.2010, 11:13 PM
New here
New here

dont want to sound like an ass but here is how to get 10x better sounds free...
learn to synthesize and to understand that the sounds that manual schleise make (vengeance) are cheap and commercial crap that was made only to be sell out to as much as more people who listen to dance music and its a complete bullshit.

stop listen to dance music for at least one month (also ASOT, TATW or whatever you listen to) and you will know what iam talking about.

you need as much as more time to purify your brain from the poison.
Old 02.03.2010, 02:41 AM
Pro
Pro

I use Vengeance drum packs on my dnb tunes and I fucking love them for their punch, grit, texture and ability to slot easily into the mix. I prefer making my own synths but to each his own. Vengeance are high quality well programmed synth patches that do the job and do it well, and no one can deny that, opinions aside.

Back on topic!

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 02.03.2010, 08:11 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Ok, I want to say that those vangeance sounds are good and fits well. With those sounds you will have the typical trance sounds.

If someone don't like Techno/Trance so he will hate those sounds but to say commercial bullshit is just not the right way! Nobody is producing something that nobody wants to buy!! (logic ne!) The story is that Trance starts to become famous in the 90's and its success have done that many pseudo composer called their bullshit trax Trancemusic and destroyed the popularity of trance. (This is commercial crap)

Vengeance (aka Manuel Schleis) is also a popular producer.

There are some Vengeance patches in the Virus as comparison the Vengeance soundsets will have the same quality. So, if you are looking for Trancesounds they will do it.

Cheers
Old 02.03.2010, 08:51 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

[quote=feedingear;295689]I use Vengeance drum packs on my dnb tunes and I fucking love them for their punch, grit, texture and ability to slot easily into the mix.quote]
Their drum kits are my go to as well.