Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.08.2009, 05:14 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthisternation View Post
You paid $1,600 for it new???
yeah, I preordered it from NovaMusik in late 2004 for that price. By the time the TI finally became available in late 2005 the price had gone up but Nova honored their original price.
Old 24.08.2009, 05:43 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Synthisternation Send a message via Skype™ to Synthisternation

Its ironic that you bring up novamusik. The new one I was looking at is on ebay with their shop. They will throw in two moog pedals with the purchase and an expression pedal with purchase. Looks like you'd get your biggest bang for your buck with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 24.08.2009, 06:00 AM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Synthisternation Send a message via Skype™ to Synthisternation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
yeah, I preordered it from NovaMusik in late 2004 for that price. By the time the TI finally became available in late 2005 the price had gone up but Nova honored their original price.
...very bad ass
Old 25.08.2009, 03:13 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I just bought my TI 2 for 2,500 Brand new from a online retailer. Anyone can get the TI 2 for 2,500 just claim that other online places are offering it to you for 2,500. No doubt... they will drop it regardless. My music place of choice was Zzounds, I like that place.
Old 25.08.2009, 06:28 AM
Pro
Pro

Admittedly got on the the Virus Band wagon when TI 1 went end of line so a bargain for £1099(Approx $1600) for desktop. However with monetary exchange rates fluctuating the prices vary outside usa.

I'm guessing with the processor power there will be features that the Ti1 wont be able to handle however for me...the 1 is more than fine.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 27.08.2009, 07:24 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmade View Post
I just bought my TI 2 for 2,500 Brand new from a online retailer. Anyone can get the TI 2 for 2,500 just claim that other online places are offering it to you for 2,500. No doubt... they will drop it regardless. My music place of choice was Zzounds, I like that place.

tits or gtfo
Old 20.10.2009, 10:12 AM
New here

YES ! many of the problems with early ' os ' were NOT os issues , they were issues related to the dsp being over driven and access having no fail safe mechanism in the os or buffering......the ti2 i feel was partly to answer this problem , its a great shame but the ti1 is underpowered for good multi mode work using complex parts , in single mode its spot on , in multi mode if you use complex parts its not poly thats the issue its dsp power , hence the ti2.......also hence the snow..........i cant see access taking the ti2 further unless they allow user upgradable dsp chips in the machine , next up i am guessing with be the ti3 - user sample flash rom and maybe 100% more power than the ti 1........it does sound kinda strange doesnt it releasing a new machine with 25% more cpu . . . its all good though .....

[quote=Synthisternation;292953]That sounds kinda strange, why would they simply give it a cpu boost? Was the t1 lacking in power?
Old 21.10.2009, 04:32 AM
Banned
New here

Keep the fantom..

Save the money on the virus.. Its a joke..

Its not even real analog.. If i were you consider getting a DSI evolver (2 real analog osc's) and using that with your fantom..

You need to learn how to use the sampler on the fantom.. and also resample with a distortion FX on it..

Thats all you need to know really..... Trust me.. If you buy the virus your still spend hours getting souds out of it..

When you know how to get the sounds you want, your be able to get them from anything... Apart from Reason and about 80% of software thats wack..
Old 21.10.2009, 08:25 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You can get a good deal on TI mk1s if you know where. I wont say what I paid for my polar but if you your suprised by $1600....... And I think Blowby is jealouse he cant afford much more than a second rate casio.