Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.08.2009, 11:49 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Synthisternation Send a message via Skype™ to Synthisternation
Default New fag here. Access Virus t1 or t2?

I'm about to get "Infekted" for the first time. I'm a little hard up on money right now, but desperately in need of a new synth. I wanted something more extreme then my Fantom x8 which I love, but it simply is too "pretty". I thought a virus would solve my issues with taking hours to come up with harsh sounds. So, my question to you guys is. Virus t1 or t2. I'm working out a deal and I can score a used t1 in excellent condition for $1,850. Or, I can save for another month or two and front another grand and buy a t2 for $2,850(this would break the bank by far). Is a t2 worth the extra grand? I read that its OS has some issues, but I can see that getting solved in the not so distant future. Its atomizor sounds nice, but I doubt I'd use it that often. Does the t2 have more patches? Does it's 25% cpu boost make a noticeable difference? I've been doing my homework, but I need some real input from you guys.

Thanks!
Old 24.08.2009, 12:00 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthisternation View Post
Does the t2 have more patches? Does it's 25% cpu boost make a noticeable difference? I've been doing my homework, but I need some real input from you guys.

Thanks!
Hi there, presently there's no difference between TI|1 and TI|2 specifications, except the 25% CPU boost (resulting in slightly higher poly). The number of patches, the sound engine, everything is the same. However some have said the TI|2 is slightly more stable when under greater load.

Also, no-one knows if Access may take the TI|2 someplace that the TI|1 wont, at some point.
Old 24.08.2009, 12:27 AM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Synthisternation Send a message via Skype™ to Synthisternation

That sounds kinda strange, why would they simply give it a cpu boost? Was the t1 lacking in power? And isn't the atomizer a new feature? Or, can you do this with the t1? Do you just update your t1's os to get this new feature?

Thank you for the quick reply!
Old 24.08.2009, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Yep, TI|1 can do Atomizer, the whole shebang.

Access stated with the TI2 that they're taking a different route with the TI|1 over previous Viruses. That they will take the TI|1 as far as they can do alongside TI|2, rather than just dump it with resources still spare. So they included OS v3 to the TI|1 range too.

At the moment it's less clear as to exactly what Access' intentions are with the TI|2... Whether it is a "refresh" or slightly updated version of the TI|1, or whether the TI|2 will actually go further than the TI|1 given time and have new Operating Systems and functionality. Absolutely none of us here know, and it muddies the water a bit, particularly so with the undue price differences at retail between mk1 and mk2 (although Access have categorically said that they haven't altered the wholesale price between mk1 and 2).

But, at this present point in time, the differences really are a 25% CPU boost, and a redesigned, lighter chassis (in terms of weight). The front panel user interface remains the same.
Old 24.08.2009, 12:59 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Yep, TI|1 can do Atomizer, the whole shebang.

Access stated with the TI2 that they're taking a different route with the TI|1 over previous Viruses. That they will take the TI|1 as far as they can do alongside TI|2, rather than just dump it with resources still spare. So they included OS v3 to the TI|1 range too.

It's less clear as to exactly what Access' intentions are with the TI|2... Whether it is just a "refresh" or slightly updated version of the TI|1, or whether the TI|2 will actually go further than the TI|1 given time and have new Operating Systems. Absolutely none of us here know, and it muddies the water a bit, particularly so with the price differences at retail between mk1 and mk2 (although Access have categorically said that they haven't altered the wholesale price between mk1 and 2).

But, at this present point in time, the differences really are a 25% CPU boost, and a redesigned, lighter chassis (in terms of weight). The front panel user interface remains the same.
I understand most of what you said with the exception of "mk1 / mk2". I don't know what this means. How much was the t1 when it came out? I think I'm going to buy this used one. Viruses have always done well over time. Seems like they hold their value. So I doubt theres going to be any substantial difference between then t1 and t2 in the future. We wont know for sure though. I appreciate your honesty.
Old 24.08.2009, 02:14 AM

yeah they definitely hold their value. In the case of the TI ver 1, it actually increased in value. When I bought mine new in late 2005, I paid $1,590.00 US for it! It's crazy how expensive the TI and its bigger brother have gotten.
Old 24.08.2009, 03:38 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
yeah they definitely hold their value. In the case of the TI ver 1, it actually increased in value. When I bought mine new in late 2005, I paid $1,590.00 US for it! It's crazy how expensive the TI and its bigger brother have gotten.
You paid $1,600 for it new???
Old 24.08.2009, 03:43 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I don't think TI1 is still in stores so your best bet to get a used TI1 desktop is in eBay which sells from $1200 to 1450. A brand new TI2 you can get for $1625 depending on your bargaining power. I got mine @$1700 with international shipping included. I would rather get a TI2 now that major issues are already resolved. Anyway the price difference isn't that much.
Old 24.08.2009, 04:10 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulidstate View Post
I don't think TI1 is still in stores so your best bet to get a used TI1 desktop is in eBay which sells from $1200 to 1450. A brand new TI2 you can get for $1625 depending on your bargaining power. I got mine @$1700 with international shipping included. I would rather get a TI2 now that major issues are already resolved. Anyway the price difference isn't that much.
Having the keys is a necessity. I'd rather have a used t1 with 61 keys then a new t2 desktop at the same price. I need to be fully capable of playing the songs live. If I can get this used one for $1850 I will. If not I think I might have to save up for a new t2.
Old 24.08.2009, 04:30 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthisternation View Post
Having the keys is a necessity. I'd rather have a used t1 with 61 keys then a new t2 desktop at the same price. I need to be fully capable of playing the songs live. If I can get this used one for $1850 I will. If not I think I might have to save up for a new t2.
I think Novamusilk sells B-stock TI2 keyboard for $1999.This is a very good bargain. IMHO opinion though, I think the TI1 keyboard and Polar have more appeal than the TI2.Anyway, happy TI hunting.