Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.04.2009, 09:57 PM
Pro
Pro

Default For Registered Steinberg Cubase 5 (or4.5) users

Please follow link to steinbergs forum and cast your vote in the poll....

They really need to sort out VST instrument side chaining so we can get the most from the virus in project sessions

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewt...=855054#855054

Peace

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 10.04.2009, 08:41 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for making these posts.
I've been thinking about buying Cubase 5, but I'm defiantly not going to until Steinberg fixes this (and several other) problem(s).

And because Steinberg are such stubborn bastards, as a non-registered user who is literally waiting with the cash to hand over I can't even post my opinion on the issue. Typical

Well, if Cubase 5 doesn't improve before long I'll be investigating Ableton Live I guess
Old 10.04.2009, 09:50 AM
Pro
Pro

incubatid The side chain vst instrument input is a minor issue in the larger scheme of things. I have tried several sequencers and personally I feel C5 is one of the strongest contenders. Have a look around the internet forums and most software/hardware have their issues. In this case there is a work around, the s/c issue is purely USB and not hardware regarding the input use.

TBH I find it frustrating that there is a function on a bit of hardware that is not supported by a DAW that has been around for nearly 20 years, yet supported by more infant yet, proficient sequencers ie :Logic.

Unfortunately Logic is Mac based and with the added VST library and knowing and Operating system, cost of Macs and what you can get pound for pound for when buying a PC (this is purely an opinion...as I have both Mac & PC).

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 12.04.2009, 02:18 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
TBH I find it frustrating that there is a function on a bit of hardware that is not supported by a DAW that has been around for nearly 20 years, yet supported by more infant yet, proficient sequencers ie :Logic.
Exactly. No matter how minor this seems, the reality is, its not!
If I'm going to spend over $1000AUD (!!) on a piece of software that I know for a fact will be updated in a year and no longer supported by Steinberg (!) I bloody well want it to work perfectly with my CURRENT setup.

My current setup revolves around my Virus. So unless Steinberg can get their acts together and make it work well with my Virus they can keep dreaming and some other company will get my money.

The annoying thing is I would like to contact their sales/support department to tell them that this is something I as a potential customer am concerned about, but because they are so bloody stubborn I can't even contact them as an "outsider". That sort of attitude really doesn't make me want to purchase their product
Old 13.04.2009, 09:49 PM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to digitalgeist

Keep fighting the good fight guys, I started with Cubase at SX1 and jumped off the boat at 4.5.2 to Ableton Live three months ago. Unfortunately Cubase lost me as a customer when I tried some things that were easily done in Live and Cubase choked constantly...