Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 08.04.2010, 05:46 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui
Arrow controlled demolition vs. fatboy slim - weapon of choice remix

hey guys, I just participated in a remix contest of fatboy slim's "weapon of choice" at beatport and would greatly appreciate your feedback - also, if you like the track and happen to have a beatport account, be so kind and vote for it by clicking "SPIN IT" (instructions: see image below).

this remix contest is very special to me because fatboy slim's music was the thing that actually got me started ~10 years ago; my very first demo mixtape (which also got me my first "real" booking) was almost 100% fatboy slim material.

I've made a pretty dance-able dubstep/breaks remix and have also used the acid line from "tweaker's delight" (covered, not sampled). admittedly, the downmix is far from perfect (but it's okay to listen to on headphones); also, the original track is about ~2 mins longer and thus has smoother transitions, but: because beatport demanded 320kbps mp3s and at the same time limited the file size to 11MB, I had to trim it down a bit prior to submitting.

as much as I'd love to win (obviously), I'll already be completely satisfied with Norman Cook himself listening to my remix

thank you & have a good one!

link: Halfway Between the Rhythm and the Worm

Last edited by tranqui : 10.04.2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09.04.2010, 09:16 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

I quite enjoyed that...nice twist on the original. I'm kinda over the 303 thing...years ago to be honest but each to their own.
These 'competitions' are nothing more than marketing ploys to make you buy more shit however & the chances of old Norm listening to your track are...shall we say slim.
Old 09.04.2010, 10:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

hey, thanks for your feedback I'm (almost) over the 303 thing too, but sometimes I just need to hear it again. also, I figured when doing a fatboy slim remix, why not "mention" another track in the process. I think they go well together.

and of course I don't exactly approve of the way beatport handles the preselection, public votes always have been and always will be hijacked... normally I wouldn't bother entering - but like I said, this remix contest is special
Old 10.04.2010, 06:43 AM
Pro
Pro

Like what you've done with the track(s) good angle on it and quality production, particularly in the vocal samples/breakz genre going on. Saw the contest posted a while back and as Berni it must be a good fund raiser and marketing ploy (and contrived nepitism/some sod logging on with a bunch of mates several hundred times and spinning their own). Did you use the MP3's or pay the disgusting amount they were asking for the WAV files? Think there was a difference of about £25!

Anyway logging on and give you a spin. Theres a lot of interest on these results was flagging about 30 responses a day. Anyway all the best in the comp.

Bastards - they have suspended my account! Sorry bud no spin

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 10.04.2010, 11:14 AM
Infektion taking hold...

haha, don't worry about it mate, I'm perfectly happy with people listening and leaving some feedback - thank you!

the "spins" are only numbers, after all, and like you said - the top ones are most probably hijacked (there's no way you could maintain a listen/spin ratio of roughly 1:1 otherwise). this is why only half of the finalists make it through the pre-selection based on public votes... I refuse to cheat (karma's a bitch), so I'm hoping to get an editorial pick.

edit: I used the mp3s, can't be arsed to pay 30 EUR just to enter a remix contest.

Last edited by tranqui : 11.04.2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 20.04.2010, 09:47 PM
Infektion taking hold...

one final bump as there's only a couple of hours to go and I hope to stay in the top 10 (currently 2nd) for my track to go to skint
Old 21.04.2010, 09:53 AM
Pro
Pro

2nd, nice work good to know there's some talent on here

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 06.05.2010, 08:40 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

So who won this comp? Can't find any info on the site.