Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.02.2006, 09:31 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Default For the Attention of Access...

Dear Access,

I have a suggestion for you guys - which I would like you to comment on.

Why don't you create a "hints & tips" or "work-around" guide for optimising each DAW (Logic, SX, DP, Mac or PC etc) for use with a TI on your Website. I have no doubt that once the majority of known conflicts and best practices are put to paper and displayed that you would only have to update this information once per week. I have noticed that Native Instruments display something similar on their site for optimising your system for use with their products.

It may be that a vast number of issues are resolved by simply reading these best practices. Thereby negating the need for a vast number of people to contact your customer support department or to struggle finding answers on handy forums such as these. Clearly there are still issues with the TI and as an owner/user I would like my faith in purchasing your product repaid.

It is far too easy to hide behind the fact this is an "un-official" Access Virus forum. And until there is ever such a thing as an "official" forum it would be a nice touch if you created something that we can all benefit and quick refer to with the minimum of fuss.

In my opinion this would be a fabulous resource.

Best regards

MM
Old 01.02.2006, 09:44 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: For the Attention of Access...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Dear Access,

I have a suggestion for you guys - which I would like you to comment on.

Why don't you create a "hints & tips" or "work-around" guide for optimising each DAW (Logic, SX, DP, Mac or PC etc) for use with a TI on your Website. I have no doubt that once the majority of known conflicts and best practices are put to paper and displayed that you would only have to update this information once per week. I have noticed that Native Instruments display something similar on their site for optimising your system for use with their products.

It may be that a vast number of issues are resolved by simply reading these best practices. Thereby negating the need for a vast number of people to contact your customer support department or to struggle finding answers on handy forums such as these. Clearly there are still issues with the TI and as an owner/user I would like my faith in purchasing your product repaid.

It is far too easy to hide behind the fact this is an "un-official" Access Virus forum. And until there is ever such a thing as an "official" forum it would be a nice touch if you created something that we can all benefit and quick refer to with the minimum of fuss.

In my opinion this would be a fabulous resource.

Best regards

MM
we are in the process of writing tutorial files.

as for hiding behind the fact that this forum is un-official please understand that you can consider yourself lucky that we actually participating. most of us do this in the evening in our spare time. this is not our forum. in fact, the preferred way to contact Access is by email. only this way you're guaranteed to get a reply.

best, marc
Old 01.02.2006, 10:11 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Thats great news Marc in relation to the tutorial reference files!

Although I do not feel lucky that you are participating in assisting with problems relating to your product which was released not exactly working 100% as originally advertised. In fact that is quite an arrogant attitude to take.

A large number of people have invested money into Access by purchasing your product, and have waited for months for a stable OS to be released. I won't go into how many hours I have wasted of my own time in the evening trying to get my TI correctly in sync. And I am by far not the only one.

I think we can all do without being told we are lucky Marc.

MM
Old 01.02.2006, 10:21 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Thats great news Marc in relation to the tutorial reference files!

Although I do not feel lucky that you are participating in assisting with problems relating to your product which was released not exactly working 100% as originally advertised. In fact that is quite an arrogant attitude to take.

A large number of people have invested money into Access by purchasing your product, and have waited for months for a stable OS to be released. I won't go into how many hours I have wasted of my own time in the evening trying to get my TI correctly in sync. And I am by far not the only one.

I think we can all do without being told we are lucky Marc.

MM
monkeyman, what does your syncing problem has to do with us helping people on this forum?
we didn't start posting to this forum when the TI was released, this forum started way before. and to be honest, if you don't appreciate that we don't _need_ to post to this forum you just make me question why i spent the time to reply to your initial mail at all.

marc
Old 01.02.2006, 10:41 AM
New here
New here

I'm pretty new to the access world and this forum, imho the real problem is not the access support which is great either by mail, this unofficial forum or through the mailing list.
The problem is that the TI is not yet (even though we are getting close) a 'working as advertised' product. Maybe another three months delay would have been good to stabilise the OS. But I guess that it was high time for access to sell something

The tutorial is a great thing, Maybe it will allow the access support to rest a little bit

Anyway, I don't regret being part of the Access Users, for when my polar works flawlessy, it's a damn fine synth.
Old 01.02.2006, 10:41 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Marc. The drunken-arp syndrome I have been experiencing has everything to do with Access - so yes help is expected.

I have also been experiencing hanging notes, crashing, pops and clicks with my TI. And again I am not the only person experiencing these on going very frustrating problems. I agree with Gano's comments.

My original post was intended to be of help to TI users and to customer support at Access. And I am glad you are addressing the core issue.

I never stated that I do not appreciate Access helping on this forum - I stated that you are out of order in saying we should all feel lucky Access are helping us. And I stand firmly by my comments.

MM
Old 01.02.2006, 11:00 AM
This forum member lives here

I think this is a good idea....because I do feel Marc's and Ben's frustration whenever trying to help forum members - they have to constantly ask people 'what are you using...' and 'what is your setup' When you do that to the Nth degree...it must get really bloody annoying. Such a resource as the one outlined by MonkeyMan would redress this issue once and for all.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 01.02.2006, 11:19 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN

its a great idea to have a support page for all DAWs ......ala digidesign/powercore/apple.
the tutorials marc mentioned seem very interesting, but Also a new manual is needed..Ti is such a complex synth that the included manual at this point is lame.
Old 01.02.2006, 11:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

The main thing I find that is missing from them manual is a detailed MIDI implementation spec. Nearly every other bit of midi gear I have includes this.

I would also suggest that the programming synths tutorial be updated (to include wave and hypersaw) and also be included, maybe as a separate booklet.

Other stuff like DAW and troubleshooting FAQs etc should be on the CD as reference material - probably referenced from a getting started section in the manual.

Erm what else - oh yeh, some more detailed descriptions of some of the more esoteric aspects of the TIs behavior, especially VC connected vs not VC connected would be hugely appreciated by many I think.

For me, coming from a regular hardware synth background, many of the design choices in the VC interegration just seem plain strange or even utterly illogical. In practise there is usually good reasons behind the choices for a particular target audience - even if the end result still makes certain aspect of the TI a complete pain to work with in a semi-integrated manner - ie the way much more hardware orientated users *seem* to want to use it.
Old 01.02.2006, 11:37 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Marc. The drunken-arp syndrome I have been experiencing has everything to do with Access - so yes help is expected.

I have also been experiencing hanging notes, crashing, pops and clicks with my TI. And again I am not the only person experiencing these on going very frustrating problems. I agree with Gano's comments.

My original post was intended to be of help to TI users and to customer support at Access. And I am glad you are addressing the core issue.

I never stated that I do not appreciate Access helping on this forum - I stated that you are out of order in saying we should all feel lucky Access are helping us. And I stand firmly by my comments.

MM
monkeyman, you are quoting me wrong. i said you should feel lucky that some of us hang out in this forum at night replying to your questions. we have a support team answering your questions. you can contact access support by email. i'm not working in support and ben doesn't either. if you assume that us replying here is something you can expect you are plainly wrong. on top, let me remind you that the whole thing started by you saying that we hide behind this forum (although it is not our forum) and this had nothing to do with your problems. so please, don't mix things up.

marc