Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 04.12.2004, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Ok, i am downloading the other track now:

First thing that comes to mind; what a beutiful and very moody intro - I could easily hear this in an horror/drama-movie. just beutiful work on that piano and the pad in the very beging is really going nice with the piano. I am not really sure about those drums - I do like the beat but i feel that the kick is abit synthetic-sounding for this one, i'd go for another type of kick here.

I do like the hihats, but still not sure about those samples either acctually. and i do enjoy those -dddddrrrrrr effects you use on the beat - I've always been a sucker for those types of effects.

Now the bass comes in, which i do feel is abit soft if you want this to be an trance-tune, i'd raise the volume on that one and try to get it abit more 'punchy' - you gotta feel when the bass hits aswell as the kick, these are the things people are listning to on the dancefloor. Then the lead kicks in and it gets another turn; it now goes for more of an Robert Miles-kind of trance, very dreamy - with some more work on this part it could be really nice; add an arpeggio in the background with some panning work and some cutoff on that arpeggio later on (maybe use the an lfo to control it)

Then all of the sudden, the beats starts to sound really odd - it sounds more clear like the have been tweaked before with cutoff (?) or is it my extremly nice audio-system that is acting up again.

Anyways, again now the 'intro'-beat starts wow, i do enjoy those electric-effect on the drums. Those are mad as hell, and would really fit well into another DNB-track or why not make another remake of this tune and make it into more of an psy-trance tune with some effects and so on.

Well, i'll listen to it a few more times and i'll give it a comment later.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 04.12.2004, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank
and can u explain climax to me? In musical terms, whats your definition of climax...
It's just... climax. It's a part of a song that is more intense than the rest. It's that kind of part that you play if someone asks you to play a 20 second clip from a track of your choice. Climax has all the essential themes of a track and it's usually located at the end of a track so the climax is like a prelude for an outro. For example on a basic rock song the climax is usually the final chorus.

Sometimes it's good that track doesn't have a climax and sometimes it's bad. The lack of climax creates very flat result, which is ideal for a background type of music which purpose is not to catch attention, like ambient. On the music that's actually ment to be listened or danced almost requires a climax, otherwise the result might be too flat to be interesting enough and you eventually loose attention.

On this your track I'm not sure is the lack of climax a good or bad thing. The atmosphere is very ambientish, but still it's basicly dance music. Maybe it works both ways: With and without a climax. I personally would prefer a climax on it, but it's not essential.

I didn't notice that you had another track here. I'll give it a listen when I get back home.
Old 04.12.2004, 09:48 AM
Veteran
Veteran

man 303 you rock with these criticisms...you an hollow have had the best so far...but i think its not really what you say...although the way you type gets me...because you litterally try to copy the mouth with your typing like

Quote:
and i do enjoy those -dddddrrrrrr effects you use on the beat
good stuff...i think its more that i keep imagining a monkey talking!! LOL

even still you are honest and thats the most important...i really appreciate it and if and when i modify these songs ill let you have a listen...

as for the bass, i use shitty headphones to make music so the bass seems booming thats why its low...its a quick fix

peace
Blank
Old 04.12.2004, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
good stuff...i think its more that i keep imagining a monkey talking!
Bwahahahahaha. Yet true - I gotta be the only swedish monkey around here.

Quote:
i really appreciate it and if and when i modify these songs ill let you have a listen...
That sounds good; I sure do like that intro of the techtrance-song. It's great, that you should really work on. And those crazy beats are just great aswell. I could easily see people dance to those types of drums.

Quote:
as for the bass, i use shitty headphones to make music so the bass seems booming thats why its low...its a quick fix
I've got the same problem with that, i do use headphones aswell and it sounds ok but i've learnt how to correct this things even if they aren't 100%.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 04.12.2004, 12:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I NEED MONITORS!!!

any1 want to donate to the help Blank get the equipment to get a record deal fund

peace
BLank
Old 04.12.2004, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I NEED MONITORS!!!

any1 want to donate to the help Blank get the equipment to get a record deal fund

peace
BLank
You dont need equipment for a record deal....

1) A personal trainer - change that flabby belly to a six pack!
2) trendy clothes and a new hairstyle - preferebly something a bit riske
3) $10,000 on cheesy 80's dance remake
4) $100,000 on music video - lots of hot women and dancers etc in bikinis
5) A damn good publisher

There you have it! One record deal........good for at least 2 weeks of stardom and fame

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.12.2004, 07:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
You dont need equipment for a record deal....

1) A personal trainer - change that flabby belly to a six pack!
2) trendy clothes and a new hairstyle - preferebly something a bit riske
3) $10,000 on cheesy 80's dance remake
4) $100,000 on music video - lots of hot women and dancers etc in bikinis
5) A damn good publisher

There you have it! One record deal........good for at least 2 weeks of stardom and fame
1) Does a three pack count? I drank the other three!!
2) Got a new hairstyle, leopard skin G-string?
3) thats alot for a cheesy 80's dance remake, im sure you could make it for a couple dollars..
4) Same with this one...have you seen those 80's videos?
5) do i have to write a book too?

peace
Blank
Old 04.12.2004, 07:54 PM

Quote:
5) do i have to write a book too?
Yes.......A life story, with lots of controversial statements on homosexuality and your childhood

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.12.2004, 08:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

well the childhood thing i could do...but as for homosexuality the closest i get is having gay guys try and do stupid pickup lines on me!! LOL

peace
Blank
Old 04.12.2004, 09:31 PM

Quote:
well the childhood thing i could do...but as for homosexuality the closest i get is having gay guys try and do stupid pickup lines on me!! LOL
hehehehe....