Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.03.2006, 08:57 AM
This forum member lives here

Thats true......I last owned a Virus back in September 2004....and fuck im still here?!

Im currently saving up and holding out for a TI MKii.....I just want 1 supersynth to take to the grave. The TI hasnt quite got there yet...as improvements/upgrades are inevitably going to happen

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 23.03.2006, 09:33 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

yeah im still hanging around guys coz i guess you lot have some of the other equipment i own too so advice on all gear comes in handy, it was a bit funny on the other forum though when i made a comment about returning my virus and you never guess who came in with a sharp reply????? yeah good old ben crosland... just tells me that access to watch these boards lol and i guess i said something they didnt like...
i will get the virus again when its totally reliable.
cheers all from robbie uk
Old 23.03.2006, 11:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_uk
yeah im still hanging around guys coz i guess you lot have some of the other equipment i own too so advice on all gear comes in handy, it was a bit funny on the other forum though when i made a comment about returning my virus and you never guess who came in with a sharp reply????? yeah good old ben crosland... just tells me that access to watch these boards lol and i guess i said something they didnt like...
Ben (as far as I know) doesnt work for Access, though obvious hes is closely associated with them due to his sound design work (the TI ROM includes his soundsets) and the many demo videos.

At the end of the day though he is TI a user like many of the rest of us.
Old 23.03.2006, 12:46 PM
New here
New here

Good luck with the Nord. The Lead 3 is still one of my gear lusts.

Having tested back to back though, I bought the Virus because comparing polyphony, oscillator sources, available effects, modulation matrices and LED displays, the Virus synths [and their rich, creamy sound] were better specified, and more in keeping with my musical style. The Lead 3 impressed me with its FM implementation, its smooth highpass filters, and its LED knobs, though. [I don't want a flame war, Clavia can have some of my money too if they want! I'm looking for a Lead 1 as we speak!]

I have to ask, though. Are you using the Nord Lead with a MIDI USB interface and Audio cables? If so, that's how most of us use the Virus.

VST integration aside, using external hardware as external hardware, it's a straight comparison between the two synths on features and sound alone. For me, the Virus is the more appropriate. I hope you enjoy the Nord [I'm sure you will, who wouldn't love that red case!], and that you feel you made the right choice, rather than returning the virus on principle.

I still want VC to work as advertised, though; or at least use it as a patch librarian/ synth control unit. The TI side did help sway my decision, and although I don't need it, I feel it's Access duty to deliver their promise. I'm sure they will.
Old 23.03.2006, 02:44 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN

[quote="Khazul"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_uk
Ben (as far as I know) doesnt work for Access, though obvious hes is closely associated with them due to his sound design work (the TI ROM includes his soundsets) and the many demo videos.

At the end of the day though he is TI a user like many of the rest of us.[/
quote]

MMMM...Im a user of virus too, but I dont get to go to Miami WMC, Namm, and all the other shows ....ohhh....maybe he just show up and they let him play for free :P
Old 23.03.2006, 03:04 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Version 1.1 features an array of enhancements and new functionalities and will be available during February, 2006. Besides improved stability, there are two new browser functions ("Sort By Category" and "Search by Name") and the new Remote Mode to turn the Virus TI into a univeral midi control surface.

VIRUSControl can now automatically build banks based on sound categories. Every Virus TI patch is stored with one or two categories. This information can now be used to easily search for specific sounds regardless of the patch name.

"Search by Name" allows you to enter a string of text and search for patches by name (including partial match) among all onboard sounds and in sound banks stored on your computer's hard drive. It is lightning fast and can literally search ten thousand patches in a couple of milliseconds.

New remote mode turns the Virus TI into a fully programmable universal MIDI control surface with 32 knobs. Up to 32 preset scenes can be stored in the hardware, each storing up to 32 midi knob assignments and names. Remote Mode does not interfere with the sound engine and can operate as standalone hardware or in your sequencer with VirusControl. Access will provide a library of remote templates which can also be edited using VirusControl, and users can also create and share their own templates.

OS 1.1. will be available in February 2006
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com