Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.02.2006, 01:12 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Gopal. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion pal. That?s why these forums are so great in promoting democracy and freedom of speech.

To be totally honest with you if you don?t own a TI your opinion is of no interest to me or to this specific thread. If you do own a TI you would understand how frustrating it has been trying to get this product to work seamlessly and productively in a studio environment. I have been a TI owner since November 2005. I purchased the product based upon the Access marketing campaign and researching the web. IMHO the TI has not yet lived up to it?s full potential and has had a number of stated problems, which have and still are affecting a number of users myself included.

The only issue I had was with a comment Marc made ? following an issue he had with my thread. I am fairly certain he lost something when he translated my original thread and I took umbrage with his ?lucky? comment. I suggest everyone needs to read my original thread again.

This thread was and is based on a suggested idea that was put positively forward to benefit everyone, Access included. I am glad to see that Access is taking steps toward creating tutorial files, and I am also glad that my suggestion has been supported on this thread. It should not of been about anything else.

I do not feel ?lucky? that Access is offering support for their customers on this forum. Most manufacturers these days have their own official forum, whereby they offer extensive forum support alongside email support (think Mackie). Whether this is ?unofficial? or not this forum plays an important role for Access in supporting and maintaining their customer base. I am very grateful for any assistance that I am offered by Access on this forum from no matter who it is.

If you want to be pedantic - I have paid the best part of ?1500 for a product that is still not fully stable, should Access not feel ?lucky? that I amongst others have purchased it? (Pedantic head off?)

I am not here to lick arses or intentionally upset anyone. I am here to share ideas and views with like-minded people who have interests in common. I will certainly not stop expressing these ideas or views. As far as I am concerned we have all benefited from this thread, as we now know we have tutorial files on the way. Job done.

Nothing more to say boys. I'm off to play with my organ...

MM
Old 02.02.2006, 01:37 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
. Most manufacturers these days have their own official forum, whereby they offer extensive forum support alongside email support
MM
got that right.Access really needs an official forum,especially with a product that is so buggy.People spend a bit of money they expect the product to work.If it doesnt work they need to expect help.While the email
ticket system is nice and easy for the access staff..it isnt that beneficial to the enduser.

bottom line is access needs an official forum!
there are to0 many different systems and possible situations.
Old 02.02.2006, 01:57 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN

I completly understand MonkeyMan....I feel grateful someone from access try to help out...but yeah...i dont feel lucky!!!...I feel very unlucky since my us$2700 keyboard doesnt work as advertised ....and for what i see Im not the only one ...
what I do see is lots of questions in this forum that people from access descide not to answer
Old 02.02.2006, 02:14 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN
I completly understand MonkeyMan....I feel grateful someone from access try to help out...but yeah...i dont feel lucky!!!...I feel very unlucky since my us$2700 keyboard doesnt work as advertised ....and for what i see Im not the only one ...
what I do see is lots of questions in this forum that people from access descide not to answer
THIS FORUM IS NOT HOSTED BY ACCESS

IT IS THEIR RIGHT TO IGNORE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING POSTED HERE!!!!

Any response you get from Access here should be considered lucky.

Support is available via email if you want to directly contact access.

Its not that hard to comprehend.

I feel your pain in regards to struggling with a buggy TI but this is not the place to complain to the people @ Access.

I like MonkeyMans original idea as I originally stated and we have all benefited from this thread as MM stated.

Its just an attitude issue. Please show gratitude rather than contempt for the guys at access that take their own private time out to post here and help you.

Lets just leave it at that shall we?
Old 02.02.2006, 02:48 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I think MonkeyMan have a good ide from the start of his topic

cheers
Old 02.02.2006, 03:49 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN

Access is not as big a s Roland/yamaha/korg...its rather a small company that produces only one thing....Virus.
so if people from access check out forums like this ,its because this small company/Employees depend on their sales.. ..we all know how powerful internet forums are when you think of buying new equipment , I bet there are many people who have been put off by the Ti because of these kind of Posts ......

we believe in Access, thats why we invested on their product in the first place.....but some of us feel very frustrated and disapointed instead of excited and inspired, and its not our fault.
Old 02.02.2006, 09:08 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
Quote:
THIS FORUM IS NOT HOSTED BY ACCESS

IT IS THEIR RIGHT TO IGNORE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING POSTED HERE!!!!

Any response you get from Access here should be considered lucky.

Support is available via email if you want to directly contact access.

Its not that hard to comprehend.

I feel your pain in regards to struggling with a buggy TI but this is not the place to complain to the people @ Access.

I like MonkeyMans original idea as I originally stated and we have all benefited from this thread as MM stated.

Its just an attitude issue. Please show gratitude rather than contempt for the guys at access that take their own private time out to post here and help you.

Lets just leave it at that shall we?
+1

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 02.02.2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Access is not as big a s Roland/yamaha/korg...its rather a small company that produces only one thing....Virus. so if people from access check out forums like this ,its because this small company/Employees depend on their sales.. ..we all know how powerful internet forums are when you think of buying new equipment, I bet there are many people who have been put off by the Ti because of these kind of Posts ......

we believe in Access, thats why we invested on their product in the first place.....but some of us feel very frustrated and disapointed instead of excited and inspired, and its not our fault.
The internet and forums in general....I should imagine....are the bane of every modern day company. One minute they can be great (esp if your getting rave reviews) the next they can be totally biased and negative. One thing the internet is not and thats consistent. Ive trolled through many forums and many posts in my time and ive heard/read crazy things. In my opinion an 'Official Access Virus Forum' would not be too great for the community as undoubtedly there will be some members making constant acusations that posts are being sensored.....Have you checked out the Moog forums lately?

Another thing....I appreciate some people (not all) have had some integration issues....but all too often when members come on here to post their rants (which to a certain extent is/are justified) they totally overlook the good aspects of the synth. Its almost as if the 'problem' then becomes the centre of attention of everything thats going wrong in that persons life at that moment - you know its true....ive been there and done the same thing. What is needed is some self control....its way too easy to get carried away.....and the cumulative effect of other posters (who maybe sharing your view) is dangerous.

Access released the TI when they did probably because they needed to start shifting units (makes besuiness sense doesnt it?!) and partly because we probably lulled them into a false sense of security by saying things like 'it doesnt matter....just release the f*$&er....we can live without the TI bit for now' etc etc. They almost certainly concluded that, although not an ideal situation....perhaps the user community would be prepared to put up with that. Also they probably needed alot more real world scenarious in order to get the TI fully integrated with the majority of peoples set ups (btw all these points are total speculation....I dont know that this was the case). Im sure it was a difficult decision on Access' part....but thats what they did....and now they are dealing with it - most software based companies release products which are not compatible for everyone.....the integration aspect of the TI is no different. Access have had a very good track record for the products and they always get it sorted in the end.....

You know....im a real advocate and campaigner of analog synths. Back in the day....if internet had of been around....I wonder how true analogs would have faired......can you imagine what would have happened if people started slagging off drifting oscilators etc etc. Analog would have been dead and buried.... In the beginning there were alot of failures.....

With reference to you feeling dissapointed and frustrated....I feel your pain and i've been there.....but this is life i guess - i dont have an answer for that one

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....