Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.01.2006, 10:43 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Doc... Don?t forget to play your TI only: -

Whilst facing west,
Only wearing the colour green,
Only thinking pure thoughts,
Using your feet,
Covered in lard.

Only then may you get your Virus TI to work as it should - intermittently of course...
Old 31.01.2006, 10:46 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
ok, so just to confirm (and this applies to all TI users regardless of sequencer being used) . . .

In order to play arps properly (where they sync properly with the sequencer) -
1. Play the sequencer at least one bar before the actual sequenced midi parts start and
2. Make sure that (in your sequencer) the currently highlighted track is the track whose outs are to the TI's virus control software (this is while the arps are playing).

These are the best steps to take in order to get syncable arps?
Step 2 should only be necessary in Logic right now.
Old 31.01.2006, 10:54 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
1. Play the sequencer at least one bar before the actual sequenced midi parts start and
Great.But if your recording a voice on a constant loop,your stuffed
Why? It works OK here. If you refer to the annoying way in which Logic automatically jumps to the left locator when you press play in cycle mode, just press play first, then switch cycle on. Once it is looping, there shouldn't be a problem.

And anyway, in my experience (with 5.5.1 at any rate) - start *any* VSti playback without pre-roll, and you lose the beginning of the first note. Even the Klopfgeist misses off the first beat every time I start playback!
Old 31.01.2006, 11:30 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

DJTOMMYBOY,

Have you upgraded to the newest OS version? 1.0.9 is up on the access website.

Apologies if I have missed this in earlier posts to this thread - I scanned but didn't see.

Drammy
Old 31.01.2006, 12:25 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Doc... Don?t forget to play your TI only: -

Whilst facing west,
Only wearing the colour green,
Only thinking pure thoughts,
Using your feet,
Covered in lard.

Only then may you get your Virus TI to work as it should - intermittently of course...
Hehe. Looking that way, innit?
Old 31.01.2006, 12:32 PM
Amateur
Amateur

It's getting fucking ludicrous. I'm holding out for OS 1.1 before making my final assessment.
Old 31.01.2006, 12:45 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
It's getting fucking ludicrous. I'm holding out for OS 1.1 before making my final assessment.
Monkeyman - are you experiencing the same arp sync issues with 1.09?
Old 31.01.2006, 01:13 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN
Default Re: I got my TI today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN
Im on G5 and Logic pro 7.1....so far the Ti is unusable......even the Arps from the buggy Virus Powercore respond better....
if after V1.1 i cant get the Ti to decently work ill put it on ebay....and will share my experience with anyone looking to buy a new Virus TI
Are you using the usb outs on the arp part?

And do you have a TI track highlighted during playback?
Hi ben.....at first I was using the TI with VC and USB as main out......the arps dont sync at all.....then I switched from usb to OUT 1 as main output, and its even worse because I hear everyhting distorted, everyhting is noise!!!
Im recording with logic 7.1 and I have set a pre-roll of 2 bars before recording
I 've highlighted the tracks asigned for the TI in logic every time......and BTW....WHY THE TI CANT REMEMBER WHEN YOU CHANGE THE MAIN OUT? every time I open Logic Ti sets itself to Usb out..
Old 31.01.2006, 01:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: I got my TI today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN

Hi ben.....at first I was using the TI with VC and USB as main out......the arps dont sync at all.....then I switched from usb to OUT 1 as main output, and its even worse because I hear everyhting distorted, everyhting is noise!!!
Im recording with logic 7.1 and I have set a pre-roll of 2 bars before recording
I 've highlighted the tracks asigned for the TI in logic every time......and BTW....WHY THE TI CANT REMEMBER WHEN YOU CHANGE THE MAIN OUT? every time I open Logic Ti sets itself to Usb out..
OK - then this looks like it's something to do with your setup - hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. What sample rate are you working at, btw?
Old 31.01.2006, 01:36 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Ben. Yes - even with pre-rolling 1 bar in Logic using TI OS 1.0.9 (and the latest OS X upgrade) I am having similar drunken-arp issues, which are incredibly frustrating and annoying.

I am hoping that OS 1.1 will incorporate improved latency/timing/stability as well as Remote mode and patch sort improvements. I will be bitterly disappointed otherwise we will be in the same position we are in now!

On a slight side track I think that it would be a good idea for the folks at Access to create a "hints & tips" guide for optimising each DAW (Logic, SX, DP etc) on their Website. Native Instruments have something similar to this on their site. It may be that a vast number of issues are resolved by simply reading best practices.