Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.01.2006, 03:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN
Default Ti not saving patches

hello......im using logic pro 7.1 with Ti keyboard.....everytime i close my songs and reopen them , the patches used fromt the TI VC dont load correctly, so at this point im thinking of ditching Virus TI and keep usinng Virus Powercore.....total recall its more important to me......
I hate to say it, but Virus TI is the worst piece of gear I have bought ever......you'll see it on ebay very soon.....
Old 26.01.2006, 04:12 PM
Amateur
Amateur

I hear you pal. I must admit I was of similar mind when I first started trying to use the Virus Control. The latency issues and dip in audio quality in using USB audio at 16bit 44.1 Khz is a real fucking annoyance.

But seriously try using your main stereo outs on your TI instead of USB audio. The outputs are converted D/A at 24bit 192 Khz - and sound fantastic.

Hopefully the software/patch glitches will soon be ironed out in OS 1.1, which should hopefully be released early Feb. Stick with it a while longer. Just leave your PC/Mac switched off, power up your TI, plug in a set of decent headphones and play to remind yourself why you bought your TI in the first place.
Old 26.01.2006, 04:22 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: Ti not saving patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN
hello......im using logic pro 7.1 with Ti keyboard.....everytime i close my songs and reopen them , the patches used fromt the TI VC dont load correctly, so at this point im thinking of ditching Virus TI and keep usinng Virus Powercore.....total recall its more important to me......
I hate to say it, but Virus TI is the worst piece of gear I have bought ever......you'll see it on ebay very soon.....
most of us had this problem with 1.08 (I guess your using 1.08 ) deinstall it and reinstall 1.07
By the way, those missing patches don't come back......Hope you got a backup??
Quote:
What you wanna flogg it for??its a great bit of kit !!
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 26.01.2006, 04:53 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I just started using the main audio from the TI with logic....so far I can hear it sounds better.....patches still, they are not being saved, the VC cant even remember that i switched from Usb to main outs....is it supposed to??
ill try uninstalling 1.08 and re install 1.07....btw....how do i do that? by just uploading 1.07 straight?
im on mac g5 running tiger....
Old 26.01.2006, 05:21 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
how do i do that? by just uploading 1.07 straight?
im on mac g5 running tiger....
You have to deinstall the software first and the OS....I overwrote mine....
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 26.01.2006, 05:49 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Zebastien. A lot of folks had problems with OS 1.0.8 - un-install it and then re-install OS 1.07 which appears to be more stable (until OS 1.1)

Once you have done this open Logic and try going to your Virus Control - Common Menu and change your main out from USB 1+2 to Main outs.

Let me know how you get on.
Old 26.01.2006, 08:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Zebastien. A lot of folks had problems with OS 1.0.8 - un-install it and then re-install OS 1.07 which appears to be more stable (until OS 1.1)

Once you have done this open Logic and try going to your Virus Control - Common Menu and change your main out from USB 1+2 to Main outs.

Let me know how you get on.
Hi....I just un-installed 1.08 and and re-installed 1.07, I played with 4 TI channels, closed and re-opened the song....now it seems to be saving the patches, but VC opens and plays through usb even though i was using main out 1 .......if I try changing back to out 1 I can hear feedback from the Usb and OUt 1 playing at the same time.....Also what i get recorded its out of sync with what im playing.....even 4/4 are out of sync ......jeez..
Old 26.01.2006, 09:00 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Ti not saving patches

Quote:
yup, I have found that this issue happens with cubase and Live as well. One thing I have been asking for (and hopefully it will be available in 1.1) is the ability to save a tweaked patch with my sequenced song over usb. This way no matter what happens, the tweaked patch will forever be recallable by playing the songs sequence. Right now, saving the patches sysex data via usb is not possible
Old 27.01.2006, 05:24 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Zebastien. I think it's just the way the TI is designed to work whilst using USB - it wants to be your main soundcard. It sounds to me like there is a conflict between your TI and DAW - it may just require a tweak. It's good that you can save patches now. Seriously consider reverting back to midi instead of USB until 1.1 is out. If not drop Ben a private message...

What soundcard/Firewire device do you use?