Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 02.06.2005, 12:29 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Yeah.....damn those vocals! It's funny how you dont notice things until others point them out.
Your ears get tired to the track after you hear it over and over again. Basicly you loose the realities which leads to a point in which everything sounds good.
Old 02.06.2005, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Your ears get tired to the track after you hear it over and over again. Basicly you loose the realities which leads to a point in which everything sounds good.
Yeah....which is why it is a good idea to have someone other than yourself to do your mastering. Very important for the reasons you outlined.....

Did you manage to listen to the other track?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 02.06.2005, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Yeah....which is why it is a good idea to have someone other than yourself to do your mastering. Very important for the reasons you outlined.....
Or just keep a day or two break.

Quote:
Did you manage to listen to the other track?
Let's see...

This is better. Much softer. But still the vocalist's style is annoying to my ear.
Old 04.06.2005, 11:17 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I myself would keep the track dry from reverb. It is in fashion to use clear sounds nowadays. Reverb would be nice in an ambient remix with electronic sounds though.
I would give a little more bass presence to the voice and cut some highs in both voice and guitar.
I would prefer a little bit more proximity effect to the voice since it is the leading element of the song and it has to sound warm and fat rather than thin and cold. I also hear a lot of booth reverb, or is it an additional effect? Try to minimize it!
The track is excellent.
This is just my opinion and a matter of taste and I mean no harm
Old 04.06.2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeyou
I myself would keep the track dry from reverb. It is in fashion to use clear sounds nowadays. Reverb would be nice in an ambient remix with electronic sounds though.
True....it kinda feels more personal and intimate when everything is not drowning in Verb'. Also, I think sometimes people use reverb to cover up a badly recorded take.

Quote:
I would give a little more bass presence to the voice and cut some highs in both voice and guitar.
I would prefer a little bit more proximity effect to the voice since it is the leading element of the song and it has to sound warm and fat rather than thin and cold.
Yeah......it is strange...her voice always came across quite thin that day. Alot of the tiime she would be moving her head so she could see her hands, and I think she was moving in and out of the on-axis response of the mic. Seeing as it was Fig.8, the off-axis rejection is much greater than that of the off-axis response of a cardiod.

Quote:
I also hear a lot of booth reverb, or is it an additional effect? Try to minimize it!
What is "booth reverb"???

Quote:
The track is excellent.
This is just my opinion and a matter of taste and I mean no harm
hey...no probs! Opinons are what I am after. Thanks alot for listening and taking the time to give some feedback!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60