Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.10.2009, 05:05 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha
Default It's Question time.

Few problems I wan't to check with ppl. I'm running cubase 4 latest updated with a virus ti keyboard latest updated, conected via usb.

I had a lil project going and was really working 1 patch. I had about 6 controller changes drawn in and my virus just totaly lost the plot. I was only using the virus for the 1 patch which lights up 3 bars in the load thing. I was controlling the filter cut off, attack & release on the filter envelope and some others. Best i can describe wild as is, as though the virus had started to run at quater speed, large gaps in audio and then some crazy noise comming out of usb 2&3 but not 1. I loaded up some other patches and reset the audio drivers. I also tried using other virus tracks, nothing worked, all had failed, apart from the audio samples which still came through fine. The only fix was a complete reset. Now when I load the project it works fine for say 1 or 2 loops, then all goes wild again.

Does the virus have a limit to how many controllers can be modded? Note: I'm not using the CC's under the notes, I'm using the virus track specificly for all the controls.

In the Vst instruments menu there is 2 options to load a virus ti, 1 has an x before it at the bottom of the list. It's a white x in a gray box. The other option is through a side tab (access virus) at the top of the list. Why is this? whats the difference?

I persumed the x was to represent the vst 3 virus ti. Whats the advatages of using VST3 over vst 2? if any? I had previously thought the x ment it was no longer there to be loaded but then I discovered the vst 3 virus file in 1 of my common/shared folders and not my main Vst cubase folder.

I used the 1 with the x to load the virus in a new project. I thought it might handle the CC more (thinking it was the VST3) but now when I draw the cc's in on the virus track for the controls (not the cc's directly under the notes) None of the controllers are pre routed. I created my own route but now they can only be 0 or 127. I can't have my nice blue slopes representing the controls been faded in or out. Any info here would be helpful as I really need to get these things to work.
Old 25.10.2009, 05:15 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Mitch, the best thing I can advise is to send the patch and midi sequence to Access Music for them to investigate - if they can repeat your symptoms they will be able to advise you better or work on a fix.

Otherwise you can perhaps post the patch and midi sequence here for people to try to see if theirs does the same thing.
Old 25.10.2009, 06:02 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Oh! that would be like going to the doctors with a problem in the private areas. I would feel all violated.

Any comments on the vst 3 thing or what that X is? ok got my answer now. X is for external hardware. Will be having a read up now I know where to look. Bit baffled why it would work but the controllers drawn in could only be 0 or 127 and none are mapped.

Next question though. The project I've made using the vst loaded with an x needs to be changed to the other 1 with out losing my parts and effects routings. Is there an easy way to do this? Right av done that now, No need for help on that.

Last edited by mitchiemasha : 25.10.2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 25.10.2009, 07:22 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'm really getting worried now. Just loaded the project again to tidy it up for upload, lots of audio parts in it to and when it went all funny I got lots of loud screeching hiss, nasty extreme static and my display on the virus went all random.

I think it is to do with the controller changes on the virus control vst track. I've been working with it all day on another project and it's fine. Might of always had this problem just i've never drawn in as many changes before.