Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 31.07.2006, 03:13 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default Alesis Andromeda A6 Demo - U2

Did a little demo this afternoon and uploaded it to SoundClick here:

http://www.soundclick.com/keithphillips

Its the intro to "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2.

All the parts are from the Andromeda except the Steel Guitar. Couldn't get a decent sound programmed for the guitar bit. :P

I like the pads a LOT, they are really epic .

The bass might be a little heavy, just doing this with headphones so it might not sound terrific.

I used the onboard effects and stuff except the guitar, with that I used a little Spektral Delay on it.

The guitar sample is from Kontakt, I was having some problems coming up with a good sound to simulate that. Was not having any luck that afternoon with those types of sounds.

I used the Waves LinMB and L2 plugins to compress everything a little bit without squashing it too much.
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 31.07.2006, 05:02 AM

Ooops uploaded the wrong didn't have all the parts selected on mixdown. Fixed now.
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 31.07.2006, 05:15 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Very nice Keith!!!!!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 31.07.2006, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Very nice Keith!!!!!

Hey thanks, bit different than the trance leads that a lot of people like to say the A6 is only capable of doing!

Its just some simple MIDI stuff, but I like it. Hell of a lot better than some GM rack module!
__
Old 31.07.2006, 05:39 AM

This thing can do some really epic fucking pads thats for sure!

I like it a lot.
__
Old 31.07.2006, 06:12 AM

Oh I added some very small Spektral Delay effects to the pads too, but nothing extraordinary. It makes it a bit more spacious because in my opinion the onboard chorus and ensemble effects are very poor to give stereo/binaural illusions.

I'm also very deaf in one ear so sometimes things get lopsided! But I this one was ok according to the PAZ Analyzer!
__