Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.10.2008, 09:42 PM
New here
New here

Default Soundsets in RAM Banks....

How can I import soundsets into the ram banks?

The only option I see in virus control is flash rom. Is there any way to pass them to ram?
Old 28.10.2008, 12:28 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Hi use the virus control centre only if you wish to flash to rom, to flash to ram go to / my documents / access music / virus ti / patches / and place your soundsets in this folder, then browse the library in virus control and you should find them, then simply click on the sound set you wish to load, job done.
Old 28.10.2008, 01:46 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post
Hi use the virus control centre only if you wish to flash to rom, to flash to ram go to / my documents / access music / virus ti / patches / and place your soundsets in this folder, then browse the library in virus control and you should find them, then simply click on the sound set you wish to load, job done.
I was wanting to pass them with out the virus control for use in a live setting.

But thanks for the anwser
Old 28.10.2008, 10:03 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

drag 'n drop may help
Old 30.08.2009, 05:30 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Just wanted to clarify what psy604 was saying since I had the exact same question and it took me a second to figure out what he was saying.

If you open up the Virus Plugin in your sequencer, you can click on the "Browser" tab and see two sets of sound banks at once. You can then drag and drop sounds between them. If you select one of the soundbanks as "Virus TI RAM A", you can drag sounds in to it and that will replace them in RAM. This is how you get them on the RAM as the sounds in memory on the device itself.

To backup your RAM soundbanks before you do this, you can either do a full backup with the Virus Control application, or you can do what I did:

1) Make four copies of the "My Patches.mid" file that exists in the Patches directory for your system (on my Mac it's in /Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI /Patches"

2a) Name them "Original RAM A.mid" through "Original RAM D.mid"

2b) Open and close the Virus plugin in your sequencer if it was was already open to reset the patch list.

3) Open the Browser tab. In the top, select the RAM bank that you want to copy (RAM A, for example) on the Virus TI. In the bottom, select your backup file (Original RAM A.mid, for example).

4) In the top pane, Select the first patch, hold Shift, select the last patch. This will select all the patches.

5) With all the patches in the top selected, drag and drop patch 0 in the top pane to patch 0 in the bottom pane, releasing the mouse while focused on patch slot 0 in the bottom pane. The patches from the top pane will be copied to the bottom one, backing up your patches.
Old 02.09.2009, 03:40 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

RAM banks can changed from Virus VSTi interface that you have all banks readable - (only ram banks writable)
ROM banks can be changed only from virus control - load whole .MID files into bank letters.. easy