Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.10.2008, 09:26 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

if you're able to flash the OS it's kind of proof, that low data rate transfers do work.

try a shielded cable (with ferrit beads near it's ends) to prevent
high data rate transfers from being disturbed by radio interference
(which may be caused by unshielded cables or devices nearby).

good luck ...
Old 22.10.2008, 10:05 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Also you have to try getting the TI to work with another computer, and it would be helpful to try a newish Windows PC or Intel Mac. You may not be able to get access to a different computer, but its the only way you can determine if the TI is the problem or your computer. Its no good assuming that either are fine, you have to try it.

B
Old 22.10.2008, 11:51 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Agreed. I thought my TI was the problem for a longtime. I kept on blaming it and blaming. Then I switched to a nice, new, barebones system and it's worked ever since and has outperformed any of my other equipment by leaps and bounds. Don't be so quick to rule out your system.

It's soooo worth reformatting everything and starting over to take advantage of the TI technology. If I would have given up, I don't know what my music would sound like now...

; )
Old 23.10.2008, 06:55 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djbrownie

Actually the TI Snow at my store does this all the time, i've stopped trying, given up.
Old 23.10.2008, 06:59 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djbrownie

oh, i should add that the ti desktop used on the same computer with the same usb cable and the same virus os works fine. new intel mac pro, os 10.5.3
Old 23.10.2008, 06:08 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

have you ever tried that snow on a windows PC?

maybe there's a problem with the Snow RTAS plugin in combination with Intel CPU?
(on PC there's a separate plug-in .dll file for the snow, so i guess on MAC it's similar)

got no clue of TI Snow or MAC ... but i think it would be worth a try to narrow down the reason.

or a VST wrapper/adapter would be worth a try, too.
Old 24.10.2008, 04:16 PM
Very mucho Newbie

yeah the reality is that it's impossible to make a piece of software be flawlessly compatible with every variance in hardware out there...so in the case of it's integration features, they are highly dependent on a good stable tested setup.... it's a hit or miss really but more hits than misses I believe at this stage in the game...I have 3 completely different setups and it SUX in one of them but the other two it performs with flying colors.
Old 31.10.2008, 06:26 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
yeah the reality is that it's impossible to make a piece of software be flawlessly compatible with every variance in hardware out there...so in the case of it's integration features, they are highly dependent on a good stable tested setup.... it's a hit or miss really but more hits than misses I believe at this stage in the game...I have 3 completely different setups and it SUX in one of them but the other two it performs with flying colors.
This proves my point. The TI software in itself is probably about as stream lined and bug free as its ever going to get. The Virus is a finely tuned instrument, everything is streamlined/tweaked for audio application. I have a custom built Carillon Audio PC and never experienced the problems others seem to have. Then I tried it with my regular Dell desktop and hit a number of sporadic issues that couldnt be reliably replicated.

99% of PC's built are multipurpose with bullshit components and drivers/software/code that hasnt been updated for years. All this junk bullshit code floating around the motherboard is bound to cause problems with a sensitive system such as Total Integration. I have said time and again, I honestly dont think the problem nor the responsibility is entirely Access's. They should not be expected to troubleshoot the average bedroom studio, hobbyists bullshit computer set up.

I think its very nice that Access are seen to be trying to improve the situation with their regular updates. I for one believe them when they say they have been unable to replicate the issue on their own machines in the office/factory.

I bet any of you £10 that if you were to use a purpose built audio pc that has no junk compoments/software then the overall response, performance and reliability of your Virus TI (and music software in general) will be a hell of alot better.

Thats just my opinion....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 31.10.2008, 06:55 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

My 2 cents...for people that think it's a computer/OS issue because the Ti is perfect, stable and bug free.

This is the kind of thing people kept telling me the first month I owned my Ti and couldn't get it to work...I was having USB connection issues, drop-outs and lock-ups. Then when I finally sent it in for a warranty service (after several weeks of back and forth with Access support) it was determined that the problems I was having were due to a faulty logic board in the Virus. Now I have a new logic board and the Virus works perfectly. It's not always the computer/OS sometimes it's the Virus itself. I wasted money on cables and time on repeatedly reinstalling my computer's OS and audio software when I could have had a working unit simply by sending it to a service center or returning it to the store and exchanging for a different one. But everyone (people on the interwebs, the retailer, Access and me) assumed that the problem was with my computer.

My suggestion to the OP would be (as had been said by others) try some new cables (and a different computer if you have access to it) then contact Access and have it opened up and looked at by a tech.
Old 12.12.2008, 02:12 PM
New here
New here

My new multimedia pc with a msi mainboard showed the same problems while my old work pc with a low price Asrock mainboard worked well. So much for 'don't buy crappy hardware'. Fortunately I had a 3xUSB/2xFirewire PCI card in the old computer which I don't need there any more. Plugging it into my newer pc solved the problem for me. Maybe it's an issue of backward compatibility. Maybe some newer chips don't support old USB1 features well, on which the Virus relies...