Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.10.2008, 09:23 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default How do I blend patches in TI mode?

Hello,

I'm using my Snow in TI mode and I'd really like to blend four patches all together to have them all play at the same time. I see where you can select each patch, but only one patch plays, the first one or "#1"

I also use my Snow in multi-mode without Ableton and without a computer and I have figured out how to do this... I just can't seem o figure out how to blend all four patches together in TI mode...

I know I must be missing something simple.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11.10.2008, 09:30 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

just create 4 MIDI channels in your sequencer
and then select a unique output for each of them
(Virus TI / Channel 1, 2, 3 and 4).

press <single> and <multi> button at once for sequencer mode ...
Old 11.10.2008, 10:11 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Hmmm...

Ableton is telling me only one instance of Virus Control is permitted. I'm really not sure how I can be missing this as standalone multi-mode works fine, if not a little confusing.

I'm supposed to open (in this case) four seperate midi channeels, and click on the vsti of Access Snow Ti on each of them from the browser of Ableton?

What do I have to do inside of Access Control, besides load up my patches?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12.10.2008, 03:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

check out the ableton tutorial song on access web site it shows you how to use multiple midi channels with the one virus vst plugin.....
Old 13.10.2008, 09:31 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

ditto that.
Old 14.10.2008, 04:45 AM
This forum member lives here

hey there thelike5, yup you can definitely do this in ableton. Like the other poster said, follow the tutorial and it should become pretty clear. But if you still are have problems just post back here and i will post a step by step way on how to accomplish it.
Old 14.10.2008, 02:17 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks everyone.

I think I figured itout on my own without watching the Ableton tutorial video.

I was only able to get two midi tracks to play seperate patches "blended" together... when I tried to run a third instance I couldn't get anything from the midi track.

I'm going to keep playing around and I'll def. check the Ableton tutorial out.

Thanks again everyone. I've been an Ableton user since version 1.5 but really only used the program as a sequencer; sequencing a collection of wav files I recorded with an old Marantz field recorder... hardly what most people use the program for but that was all I really needed it for at the time.

Just last year I finally upgraded from Ableton 2.0 to version 7!! I missed a lot to say the least! The biggest thing being vsti support... which versions previous to 3 lacked. Imagine that!

So anyways, long story short I'm a "newbie" when it comes to Access Virsus TI and incorportaing synths as vsti plug ins. Otherwise, I've been producing techno at whatever capacity for roughly 12 years or so... I'm sure i'll figure this out.

Man, I'm finally glad I have a job that I can afford to buy nice little toys like the Snow... downside to that is that I simply don't have the time I once had!!
Old 14.10.2008, 04:51 PM

from version 2 to version 7?!! that's quite an upgrade. The funny thing is, even though you've skipped years of upgrades, the interface of 7 is probably pretty much the same as it was in 2. That's one thing I really love about Live - a nice clean, simple interface.
Old 14.10.2008, 05:13 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
from version 2 to version 7?!! that's quite an upgrade. The funny thing is, even though you've skipped years of upgrades, the interface of 7 is probably pretty much the same as it was in 2. That's one thing I really love about Live - a nice clean, simple interface.
Sort of the same... with Live 7 there is a lot more going on... you can make it as clean as you want and not use things like Drum Racks, tons of effects and multi instruments but now that it's got it you can't help but play around with it.

Yeah, I love live still but I'm not getting nearly having as much "fun" with it like I did when I first discovered it. Jaded, I suppose...!!!
Old 14.10.2008, 07:23 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

put the VC in one MIDI track (only as container)
and then create 4 additional MIDI tracks,
which you can use to remote the plug-in
(over 4 different MIDI channels, of course).