Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 01.10.2008, 04:08 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha
Default usb noise. virus ti.

think am getting to fussy.

Just bought a nice sE valve mic to record some vocals. it brought to my attention all the noises i was getting on verious channels. whilst trying to remove a hum my cs2x power pack was giving the pack for my mic.

PROBLEM (nowt to do with mic)

when I have any of the virus audio outputs plugged into my desk, Allen & Heath zed 436, I have an electric buzzing sound. the buzz is in the high mid section and inconsitant. this buzz is extremely low in volume and can be heard through the head phones when i turn them right up.

AM I BEING TO FUSSY, HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR SET UP???

I know its my virus as this noise can only be heard on the virus channel on top of the hiss I get on my desk naturaly on all the channels. when I disconnect the wire going into my desk from my virus it goes away.

If I still have the virus audio outputs connected to my desk and I unplug the usb connection, it goes away. this makes me believe its noise from my computer, a carillon custom music pc, coming into my virus via the usb. it does this noise regardles to me having the vius control open, even cubase open or not.

I might just be too fussy as it is realy low but its one of them things. once I play a note it will mask it but i know its there.

when i plug my headphones in the virus headphone socket I cant hear it. the headphones out put might not go loud enough as i cant hear any hiss either.

Last edited by mitchiemasha : 01.10.2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01.10.2008, 09:12 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

try grounding by adding a wire between the housings ... to fix it to a screw is the easiest way - no soldering required.

had similar problem until i added such wire between my pc's housing and my amp's housing.

it could be something else ... but when i hear hum i have to think of grounding
Old 02.10.2008, 04:56 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

av got that much equipment its like what do i earth to what. that sounds like deffo the problem I am getting from my yamaha power pack and my valve mic power pack. my actualy virus problem sounds like (daft way) the computer crunching information, not an actual hum.
Old 02.10.2008, 05:07 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

av got that much equipment its like what do i earth to what. that sounds like deffo the problem I am getting from my yamaha power pack and my valve mic power pack. my actualy virus problem sounds like (daft way) the computer crunching information, not an actual hum.