Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 13.02.2006, 07:07 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to rhys
Default new trance productions

hi please could any serious and experienced trance producers on here be king enough to have a listen and perhaps give some constructive criticism and maybe some advice,would be much apreciated.the link is below , chow

www.soundclick.com/rhysgriffiths

www.myspace.com/15812572
Old 15.02.2006, 12:24 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Nice sounding tracks there mate...

Im not really qualified to comment on trance stuff, cos Im not really into it, but it sounded nice to me. The only thing I didnt like was the Dr Rex type filtered loop in the intro in the first track.

Edit: How about a run down of the gear used?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 15.02.2006, 12:55 PM
New here
New here

thanks for having a listen,the intro was actually programed and just run through a phaser and then i sampled one of the pads i used and run that into space designer and used it as an IR which is what gives it that ambience,if anyhing i think it perhaps comes in a tad too abrubt but i always get stuck on intros as i always got the dilema do i make it dj freindly or not thats the reason for the break in the begining,its so you can beat match it.
the gear i used for this particular track (so far back) was
virus classic
novation bass station
logic 7.1
exs24 sampler with a kit i think from dance drums vol 1 for 70 percent of the perc
glopfgeist
es2
and various logic pluggs

www.myspace.com/15812572
Old 15.02.2006, 01:41 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Hey,

Had a listen to 'So far back'. I'm no serious trance producer with experience, but I have some comments...

There's great detail in it, and I am glad to hear no attempts at uplifting supersaw nonsense - it's all about the subtle ambience, and you're doing it well, so I'm digging it

I think your kick is spot on, and is actually what I've been trying to get with my track... give me tips!

the only things I reckon let it down are the fast attack sawy/phaser pad, and the thin pad that comes in with the kick and bass - they both sound a little plasticy - are you using the virus for those sounds, as they sound more like softsynths... maybe they just need dash of reverb.

The percussion, bass, kick, snare and blippy lead all sound great to me...

good work!
Old 15.02.2006, 04:41 PM
New here
New here

yeah i can see where your coming from,sometimes it just takes some judgement by someone else to open your eyes to things, i know exactly what you mean about the saw/phaser pad and to be honest in retrospect i dont think it suites the track maybe i could open up the envelope a bit more and give a dash more verb like you said or perhaps ditch it completly.as for the thin sounding pad i do recall having an eq issue with that one which is probably why it sounds thin,maybe i over cut it and maybe i could tone down the rezy sweep and make some room for perhaps anouther layer? just for the record the saw pad is the es2 and the thin one is the virus.

as for the things you liked well the kick is two kicks crossfaded,the attack comes from a hard house track,just your typical hard house kick and its cross faded into the thump of a good old 909,then compressed with a little bit of attack and boosted a tiny bit in the upper regions to make it cut through a tad.

the snare i think again is the begining of a snare from a sample pack for the attack and then ive crossed into some white noise,then for the slap back sound i made a copy and reversed it ,cut out the attack section and added some short reverb .i found it cuts the mix better this way rather than using delay,because this is done on a seperate track and i can eq to taste.

the bass is your simple rolling bassline ducking very slightly from the kick to give it the correct groove and has two layers,the low layer is the v station and the top layer i think is a jp 8080 multi sample from the factory exs24 library.

www.myspace.com/15812572