Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 03.05.2007, 03:23 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus Indigo 1 (Screen blank after update)

Hi guys,

I found this forum while searching for a solution for my problem, hope someone can help me here!

I just tried updating my Virus Indigo 1. I followed the instructions in the manual, everything was fine and the display told me that it had been updated successfully. So i powered it off & when i powered it on again it showed me the new OS version and then the display went blank.

Now when i turn it on the display goes blank after it shows the new OS version on startup. It won't respond to anything & i tried updating it with an older OS but nothing works since the display stays blank & un-responsive.

I'm really worried about this as i've already sold it off to someone & am supposed to ship it off in a couple of days!

I would appreciate any help please, Access has not replied to my emails yet & this is really frustrating me. Thanks!
Old 04.05.2007, 06:38 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

1)Did you update the right OS version?
When you boot up the virus, a "T" or "S" will be displayed in the right upper corner of the display. There is a difference in software versions!!! One for T
and one for S!
2)Maybe the LCD contrast went to a wrong value. In that case the virus shows you the OS version and following the logo and after that the display goes blank.

If you do not have the possibility to send a correct LCD contrast value,
you can download a 30 days trial version of my editor "Supervirus" from:

www.solard3d-software.com

Within the Global page of this editor you can send the right one.
Old 04.05.2007, 08:29 PM
New here
New here

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty sure i did the correct version, the virus counted up the digits & then the display showed transferred ok..

After that it didn't move, so i looked up the help file & it said that Kb & indigo users needed to turn it on & off for a while..So i did this & after that it didn't respond..

However i only managed to run the first midi file in the sequencer & then turned it off. I know that there was another midi file with the presets in it. Is it maybe because of that?

P.S. I can not access the link to your website. I hope this works for me, this will save me from shipping it all the way to germany! Thanks a lot for your reply & help, appreciate it!
Old 04.05.2007, 08:49 PM
Complete Newbie

Sorry, my mistake.

www.solar3d-software.com

Send me a mail to my support page (website) and I will send you a
initial GLOBAL file as well. You can load it into the editor and send.

Regards
Joerg
Old 04.05.2007, 08:55 PM
New here
New here

Ok i just downloaded your software..On startup it shows me no patches on the virus so that means that i erased all the old one's & never managed to upload the new one's..

I'm going to read through the manual for your software to figure out if there's a way to fix this with it..This is how the virus software display looks like when i load it up:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9977/untitleddo9.jpg
Old 04.05.2007, 09:05 PM
Complete Newbie

It looks that your MIDI settings are not okay. Double check it.
The sreen doesn' contain an valid global parameter. The editor loads that parameter while opening the GLOBAL page.
Try different device ids.

See manual to load up your singles from Virus.
Old 04.05.2007, 09:17 PM
New here
New here

Double post

Last edited by Getafix : 04.05.2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04.05.2007, 09:19 PM
New here
New here

I tried using all the device ids but none of them work. I think its not showing any patches because i never installed them when i updated the OS. So i wiped out the old presets but never managed to install them again.

I guess i'm really dumb but i can't figure out if there's a way to load the presets using this software. This is doing my head in!

I don't know what i did but somehow for a short while some extra LEDs turned on. When i turn it off & on again it only shows the LFO1 & LFO2 LEDs the display stays blank & it does not respond or make any sounds. I think i erased the Flash ROM by accident.

P.S. I have only one midi cable for the moment which is going out of my soundcard & into the virus, do i need another one to go out of the virus too?

Last edited by Getafix : 04.05.2007 at 09:21 PM.