Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.04.2009, 03:11 PM
New here
New here

Default Pro Tools Error Ver 8.2 & snow RTAS

hi Guys, Looking for some help with this as it's got me stumped.
I am getting the following error message when selecting the Virus Snow Plug.

ACCESS VILATION OCCURRED, UNABLE TO READ LOCATION 0x0000000C AT ADRESS 0x2C067CE1 IN MODULES: Virus Control dll

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Ver 3.0.1, and keep hitting the same problem. I have uninstalled & re installed the drivers with the same problem.
The synth is running fine in Abelton fine.
When I look in the DAE, Plug In folder, even when I have re installed the software the Vius snow dpm files do not appear.

I have post this question at the Access site, but are very slow reply. Should I roll it back?
Your help would be most welcome. All the best E.N
Old 30.04.2009, 01:01 PM
New here
New here

Just to let you know I have uninstalled & re-installed the latest TI virus snow software to my PC running XP, and I am hitting the same problem time, and time again. Access dont seem to be replying to my e mails, so I am really getting nowhere with this problem. The VST plug runs fine in Abelton, but Tools just wont load the RTS. Another odd thing is the full 16 voice TI RTAS plugit will install but of course snow wont be able to read it. If anyone has any help or pick up on something I may have missed I would be most thanksful.

All the best E.N
Old 30.04.2009, 08:24 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

All I can say is if you are waiting for the RTAS version of VC to get fixed...DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH. After 12 incarnations of VC 3 it shows no sign of improvement. I also do not have problems running the VST version with Live on the same set up but the RTAS version for me is too unstable right now.
Old 01.05.2009, 12:20 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
All I can say is if you are waiting for the RTAS version of VC to get fixed...DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH. After 12 incarnations of VC 3 it shows no sign of improvement. I also do not have problems running the VST version with Live on the same set up but the RTAS version for me is too unstable right now.
can you be a little bit more specific? OS3 doesn't show a sign of RTAS improvement because we don't get specific reports that something is wrong. i've just done a simple test and checked the tutorial song. it plays fine. what do i need to do in order to provoke a problem?

thanks, marc
Old 02.05.2009, 03:22 AM
New here
New here

All I can say is fuck! How slack is the treatment from Access! I would have more respect for the company if it put it's hands up and say, sorry the product is not working, but we are working on it. Instead they dont even reply to my questions, and trust me I have sent it 4 times.
Virus TI Installer 3.0.1.12 for Windows Public Beta is the ver I have installed, and I did roll it back to 2.5 with no joy running RTAS plug on ver 8.2 of Tools. I am kicking myself really that I did not buy the full desktop TI, with more knobs and less looking at the comuter to make any changes. Oh well, we will just have to wait to see what they do next as a company, but I must say the latest and greatest is not always that. If it is working for you dont change a thing. I will keep trying things, if I get an anwser I let you know.
All the best E.N
Old 02.05.2009, 12:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.N View Post
All I can say is fuck! How slack is the treatment from Access! I would have more respect for the company if it put it's hands up and say, sorry the product is not working, but we are working on it. Instead they dont even reply to my questions, and trust me I have sent it 4 times.
you received a reply from us and you even replied to our reply (as long as there are not 2 people from perth having exactly the same problem ...). just because it doesn't happen here and support hasn't found out what's different with your system you shouldn't use this type of language.

marc
Old 02.05.2009, 04:50 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Do you mean to tell me that the only testing you have done with this plug-in is to load up the demo song???????? WTF...please read some of my previous posts to this forum for specific problems or even better try using it for half an hour in pro tools 8 & I guarantee you will have plenty to go at.
Old 02.05.2009, 07:57 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Do you mean to tell me that the only testing you have done with this plug-in is to load up the demo song???????? WTF...please read some of my previous posts to this forum for specific problems or even better try using it for half an hour in pro tools 8 & I guarantee you will have plenty to go at.
no, we did much more testing, of course (but i didn't some days ago, i just wanted to know if it crashes just like that). and please understand that this is an unofficial forum. we don't hang out here all the time. if you have problems, you should get in touch with access support and don't rely on posting here to make us know. also, understand that we are dealing with a public beta version here.

thanks, marc
Old 03.05.2009, 04:43 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Your repy makes no sense at all.
Every piece of software I have ever had for this synth from soundiver right up to VC 3.Obviously we have no clue has seriously sucked. Totally integrated my arse. I have spent more time trying to get this thing working than I have making music with it. It is so counter productive that I have gone back to using a midi lead & recording the sound straight as this is the only way I can get reliable results from the synth.
I have got in touch with access support several times over the years, most recently about the drifting arps issue but joerg seemed to think I was talking about latency and was in denial about the whole problem...I give up. I just dont have the time to waste on this thing any more.
Old 20.05.2009, 01:21 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
you received a reply from us and you even replied to our reply (as long as there are not 2 people from perth having exactly the same problem ...). just because it doesn't happen here and support hasn't found out what's different with your system you shouldn't use this type of language.

marc
Chill out dude, I was only stating how pissed long the delay was in getting back to me. Virus customer support even said sorry for the delay.
I have tried a few other things access asked me to try like copying the Patches files to a different location, and back steping the system to an earlier time. None of this seem to work.

E.N