Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.10.2009, 01:55 PM
New here
New here

Default MIDI Setup

I have troube with my MIDI setup. My Virus TI2 is connected via USB only. I use my standard ASIO driver from my firewire interface (Echo Audiofire4). Cubase 5 plays the demo song which means that the Virus is connected. However my Cubase does not receive a MIDI IN signal. Why?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 15.10.2009, 09:08 AM
New here
New here

hmm i came on here to ask the same question..

VC syncs up fine, i can send midi to the TI and here sound, upload patches etc.. but i do not have a 'Virus TI' option in any of the cubase midi input selectors. The software has not installed them?

I can't find any mention in the manual, forum, or cubase sx setup guide, that describes how to setup a virus ti keyboard for use as a midi keyboard input device in cubase.. it all seems targeted at people using midi controllers to trigger the ti desktop. Whole reason i bought the keyboard version was to use it for both!

So two of us needing help now... the tension mounts.. lol
Old 19.10.2009, 05:05 AM
New here
New here

Default Resolved

To the OP, are you using Windows 7?

My issues are resolved after manually installing the midi and audio device drivers via device manager. (look in 'Other Devices', the driver files are found in the audiodrivers folder within access music folder in program files) They did not install correctly under windows 7 with any of the OS versions i tried.

Now working nicely with OS 3.3, Windows 7 and Cubase 4.
Old 23.10.2009, 09:45 PM
New here
New here

Default better but not there

thanks for the tip with the installation of the drivers that helped to a certain degree. However, there is still a problem:
- midi-in now in cubase ok but the virus plug-in does not show that it receives a signal from my midi-keyboard

what is the problem?

thanks!

christian
Old 26.10.2009, 10:55 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrevbc View Post
thanks for the tip with the installation of the drivers that helped to a certain degree. However, there is still a problem:
- midi-in now in cubase ok but the virus plug-in does not show that it receives a signal from my midi-keyboard

what is the problem?

thanks!

christian
My problem is the Virus IS receiving the midi signal, but i can't get any audio via USB.
Old 11.11.2009, 06:07 PM
New here
New here

are u usinng virus control in cubase, if so u need to set the output to VIRUS TI ,, and not VIRUS TI MIDI or VIRUS TI SYNTH ,, hope u ge tit sorted
Old 11.11.2009, 06:08 PM
New here
New here

are u using virus control in cubase, if so u need to set the output to VIRUS TI ,, and not VIRUS TI MIDI or VIRUS TI SYNTH ,, hope u get it sorted