Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.06.2013, 09:18 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Knobs Jump In Relative Mode

Howdy,
I'm finding with some patches that even though my Virus TI Snow with current software (5.0.3 is it?) is set to knob relative mode in the globals, that a knob turn will cause the value in question to jump to 127 or just jump to the knob position. Is it possible that the knob mode is overridden in a patch somewhere or am I just unlucky? I've gotten in the habit of turning my knobs to a low value like 3 and saving them like that because if I set them to 0 then any turn will cause the value to jump to 127. But that trick doesn't work on some patches.
Is anyone else experiencing this or should I just go back to pickup mode and be done with it? That's usually pretty reliable except for some patches which jump to 127 the second you touch the knob too.
Thanks,
-CCQ
Old 26.06.2013, 09:09 PM
Complete Newbie

Default A Thought...

I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing is a combination of the relative position of the knob compared to the end of its sweep and the current value of the setting with the configuration of functionality of Adaptive Control Smoothing. It happened again in band practice last night where I turned a knob a little and the distortion jumped from off to 127.

Is everyone getting exactly the result they expect when they turn one of the three soft knobs or are you all using the Virus as a plug-in?

-CCQ-
Old 10.08.2013, 07:11 PM
Complete Newbie

Default Solved-ish

I played off a generator the other day and the soft knobs were effectively useless. I have concluded that the cause is dirty power. I'm going to replace my power adapter and will report back.
-CCQ-
Old 09.09.2013, 05:32 PM
Complete Newbie

Default New PSU, No Change

Got a new power adapter in the mail the other day and the knob jumping is still the same. To recapp- in Multi mode, the first time you tweak a soft-knob after loading a multi, the values jump all of the way to 100%. This is regardless of other settings like knob mode, ACS, etc. When you have the knob set to a direct value such as effect send, delay, there is no such issue.
I've worked with Access support and we've come up with nothing.
Anyone else see anything like this with soft-knobs and multi mode?
Thanks,
CCQ