Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.09.2013, 01:39 PM
New here
New here

Default Phones Peak Low ?

Hi,

I noticed today that when i am using Phones with my Virus TI2 Keyboard the Peak when the Volume is on Max Level is very low when i compare it with my JP 8000 oder An1x vor example...

when you Turn the 8000 Volume to Max and the AMP Level to it Blows up your ears, your feeling like your in the club but if you do the Same thing on the Virus you hear the Sounds good and anything but this would be the quietest club i ever bin to...

I read at the Internet that the Peak on The Virus Phone Output is Lower than on other Synths, is this True ? so is it Normal that my Phones are much quieter than on the JP vor example ?

Kind Regards
Michael
Old 12.09.2013, 03:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think that difference can come down to 24bit DA converters (with larger headroom) and older machines (even VA) used lower bit depth on their converters (with less headroom), so you can hit the top and even distort the signal much faster.

There's that. And of course it could be that Access has decided to keep things down so as to allow you to create patches with huge distortion and "unisson" and many voices without clipping the signal.

In a Live situation, that's hardly a problem since you can run the outs of your Virus through the pre-amps of your sound card or post-process to make it fit in the mix along with the rest.
Old 12.09.2013, 06:06 PM
New here
New here

Ah ok.
I just want to use it in the Studio so i am not going live with it...

The Reason why it is so quiet is intersting.
So i Think Access made a mistake by didnt integrate a better phones amp or what ever you need to make the phone output louder...

Thanks for your fast answer