Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 07.02.2012, 07:49 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Angry Access Virus TI Keyboard Problems

Hey Guys..
I am a happy Owner of a Access Virus KC, so i thought its time to move on and try something with total integration.
So i got myself an Access Virus TI Keyboard.

I bought it used, so i have no warranty.
When i try to play the keyboard it doesnt take long and the Virus freezes up. After playing some notes they start with a crackling noise, after that, total freeze up. No more LFO or BPM light blinking. Still able to switch between Multi and Single Mode, Display working sometimes, sometimes it freezes.
When it freezes there is different ways.
1. Freeze with an extreme loud distorted noise that made my ears bleed
2. Freeze without any noise (i call it the Silent Sub Zero)
3. Freeze with neverending last played note (the classic)
4. Freeze with all LEDs Off, not doing anything anymore

I havent even mentioned the Problems occuring with Virus Control because in the most cases, i dont even come that far. So i will let that one beside for a while.

Access Support told me that they never heard of anything like that. I already changed the Keyboard Controller Board which fixed some of the earlier issues i had with non working Keys.
I measured all the Cable pins, resoldered everything inside. I guess the Mainboard has some sort of illness, but i cannot afford to buy that one too.

Having a hard time with my TI.. i wish i never turned my back on the KC.

Besides.. does anyone know how to upload Patches to the TI (permanently) to a specified Bank ? Because i cant get Virus Control to work properly and i want them in the Bank even without using my PC.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help a guy from austria with his broken TI.

Patrick
Old 07.02.2012, 10:22 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Pat, sounds terrible. What OS version are you running? An ear bleeding sound [aka the Satan Saw] was a bug in an early OS version. Whether it may be applicable to your problem or not (hope it is)...
Old 07.02.2012, 11:42 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Satan Saw ? haha.. that one gave me a laugh

I tried every single, on the net available, version of OSes there is. Starting from the earliest 3.0's to the latest 4.5.3.0
On the earlier versions the crashes are different.. No Satan Saw, but alot of Silent Sub Zero's and Classic Freezes.

I think i might drop it on ebay as a defect unit and get rid of it, it is ruining my motivation to make music.. You got that idea, you start the TI up trying to get it down, and then all of a sudden all of your motivation and joy is gone in the split of a second.

Thank God i kept my KC so i am not totally lost.
But the money i spent on the TI hurts me, because i will never be able to see it again, even with selling i might only get half or less of the amount.

I am calling Access Tech Support tomorrow, if they come up with something, fine, if the mainboard is not too expensive, fine.. if not i will get rid of that pile of ***** (sorry but emotions finally storming in)

Thanks for the help and the sympathies
Old 08.02.2012, 01:43 AM
Pro
Pro

Sad to hear you got stung so hard by someone selling it used, it is one of the risks you take. I'd have followed up the seller particuarly if you went through something like ebay and put in a formal complaint that they sold you a non working item.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 08.02.2012, 02:39 AM

Sometimes you have to wonder if these things get borked in transit. Recently here in the USA there have been a lot of news stories where homeowners' surveillance cams have caught UPS and Fedex delivery guys just chucking things like expensive LCD monitors or laptops over the gate and across the grass because they couldn't be bothered with taking time to see if the recipient was home.