Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Buy and sell

Buy and sell On this area you can post sell/buy ads or discuss pricing issues.

Old 01.06.2007, 09:38 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Default FS: TI keyboard

Hi all,

I am selling my TI kb. Preferred pickup so best UK only...

PM me if you wanna make an offer.

Drammy
Old 01.06.2007, 09:45 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Whats up - getting out of virus mayhem?
Old 05.06.2007, 08:19 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Fraid so. Selling all my equipment.

I've not lifted the dust cover for about 3 months. Don't have time and seem to have lost motivation. It was a hard decision as I've been doing it in some form or another for about 16 years now.

It'll be a sad day when I have none left. Need to get some money together to buy a house etc... Time to get serious with my life...

Drammy
Old 05.06.2007, 01:41 PM

Seriousness will wear thin Drammy. Don't sell it all mate, specially if there are bits that have seen you though interesting times.

It's strange how certain kit creates an almost love like attachment (*rubs.... chin). My Virus hasn't come to that however, but some bits I am sooo glad I hung on to.

It's cheaper (in many cases) to extend the loan a little than to rebuy the stuff again. And then you always have to buy used and it's just not the same.

Fuck I am full of wisdom tonight - could be the beer.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 05.06.2007, 02:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

There only one thing I really regret in my life and that was years ago in my 20s when I flogged my gear to buy a car to get to work... Would be another 18 years before I got back into production again and finally found a good way to switch off again.

I should have bloody walked to work and kept the gear. It really aint worth getting 'serious' with your life. The world is full of people in their 40s/50s who wondered what the hell happened to the fun in thier life after the girlfriend/wife fucked off cos they got bored of each other etc after they both 'got serious'.

I work with lots of them too - bunch of no-life sad IT bastards mostly with no sense of humour or fun anymore and nothing to switch off with - their recreation time is spent in front of the telly, in pubs, but more often just working or thinking about it.

Doesnt matter if your any good at it - just so long as you have something thats yours, you enjoy and aint part of whatever corporate sweat shop your working for, or stuff you just do to compromise and keep the other half happy.
Old 05.06.2007, 03:37 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Thanks guys, I'm hearing ya...

Thing is the thing I want to get serious about is living my life to the max. I need to get a house to have stability back here whilst I go explore the world. Me and the missus are sick of our mundaine lives and are determined to live, not plod along...

A couple we know have gone to live in Oz, my best mate has just quit everything to go to Canada and learn how to fly helicopters. Everyone is living their dreams.

Katie and I are stuck in decent jobs but nothing we love. Whilst I enjoy doing the music I get more frustrated with it than I do enjoy it, nowadays and I don't want that to continue, been like that for a couple of years now. I don't mind not being good at it but I don't enjoy anywhere near how I used to.

It was a sad day when I came to this decision.
Old 05.06.2007, 04:45 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Brave choosings mate, good stuff no matter the path taken...may the force be with you..both
Old 06.06.2007, 06:11 AM
New here
New here

i guess you could always just go software and buy a laptop+midi keyboard, it's still a shame to see you're selling your TI though.

Last edited by infection : 06.06.2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06.06.2007, 11:29 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Thanks guys, will keep you posted...
Old 14.06.2007, 03:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

My life is about to change with the birth of my first kid and I am loosing the newly accured spare room/studio to a nursery. I have little space left so I was going to sell my gear and pay off my student overdraft (not the TI still paying for that) but when I saw the prices on ebay I choked, girlfriend found out and shook her head and said not to sell, just store the stuff and when I get a chance floor our loft (massive) So Luckily I have just avoided the biggest mistake I'd make other than having sex that morning that is

I am really crap at making tunes that others can listen to but I can play my hardware and block out the rest of my life for as long as I want, btu I understand that you may be looking to change things so good luck, fortunately I have been there and know what it's like luckily I got a chance at redundancy and got a payoff so took it and came out of my crap life, went to uni had fun done what I wanted and now finally have a challenging job and a home life that is growing my the minute. All the best and keep us posted.