Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.05.2005, 11:39 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Yeah, its actually the first DIY Virus ever!

Best,
midi.
Old 04.05.2005, 01:20 AM
Am starting to like this forum

OK - now i'm starting to get a little excited.
hey, it's only a manual, but it's better than nothing, right?
thanks for the tip.
Old 04.05.2005, 03:47 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Harkness
It's like they know how to hold on to us. Just when i'm about to jump off the ship they reel me in again hook-line and sinker.
yep - a very clever move on access' behalf.
havent read it yet but if DS gives it the thumbs up im sure its acceptable.

remember guys - they can always change/review it upon actually release of the TI.

thankyou for giving us something to chew on for a while access (bit like a magazine in a dentists surgery)

cheers

blay
Old 04.05.2005, 10:14 AM

I'd just like to clarify something guys......

On the TI, to use portamento you have to press 'shift' + 'semitone'....

OK, so does this mean you have to hold down shift as you twist the semitone knob? This would obviously very sucky, because I lack a 3rd hand to play the keyboard at the same time lol.

So in the manual...whenever we see the 'shift' + it just means you only need to press it once in order to activate all the control knobs which have the red lettering underneath them...?

Cheers

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 04.05.2005, 10:17 AM

i thought some of the tutorials were hilarious like "how to make a hoover" but i appreciate they did it none the less

very nice manual, i'm not use to the key commands

I"ll give someone 99 bbq points if they make a cheat sheet of all the key press combos to access the various modes

peace

"all good things come to those that wait, mainly acid1, he's gonna make apeshit dope shit on his access fear"

HURRY THE FUCK UP I WANNA DESTROY SPEAKERS WITH MY CURRENT CLUB PERFORMANCE FREQUENCY

I AM GONNA FUCK UP AUDIO

i hate you access, but this appears to be a dope product...

god i sound excited
Old 04.05.2005, 10:59 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
I'd just like to clarify something guys......

On the TI, to use portamento you have to press 'shift' + 'semitone'....

OK, so does this mean you have to hold down shift as you twist the semitone knob? This would obviously very sucky, because I lack a 3rd hand to play the keyboard at the same time lol.

So in the manual...whenever we see the 'shift' + it just means you only need to press it once in order to activate all the control knobs which have the red lettering underneath them...?

Cheers

DS
DS - there are no parameters in the TI which are exclusive to the Shift function.
Old 04.05.2005, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Harkness
It's like they know how to hold on to us. Just when i'm about to jump off the ship they reel me in again hook-line and sinker.
yep - a very clever move on access' behalf.
havent read it yet but if DS gives it the thumbs up im sure its acceptable.

remember guys - they can always change/review it upon actually release of the TI.

thankyou for giving us something to chew on for a while access (bit like a magazine in a dentists surgery)

cheers

blay
Thing is, if the actual hardware part of the synths are all ready to go, wouldn't they have already printed up the manuals as well? All they'll need to do was upload the software to the TIs and then ship them.

Or do they print/publish the manuals as the last port of call [i]right]/i]ibefore shipping?

I mean, they don't re-print the manual every time they do an OS upgrade, for those who already have their Viri'.
Old 04.05.2005, 12:07 PM

Id say the final version of the manual isnt finalized yet (although the PDF version..may indeed turn out to be the final copy). I think its good to have a copy made available for us to read.....Im sure they'll be taking note of feedback. Any area which reamins ambiguous could be altered or re-worded. But from what Ive read so far....im very impressed. It coveres everything.....along with worked examples. Its a manual that really engages you...

The Virus is after all, a pretty complex beast. The manaul in my view does a very good job in circumventing all the features.

*Thx Ben....that made some sense hehe

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 04.05.2005, 01:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Id say the final version of the manual isnt finalized yet (although the PDF version..may indeed turn out to be the final copy). I think its good to have a copy made available for us to read.....Im sure they'll be taking note of feedback. Any area which reamins ambiguous could be altered or re-worded. But from what Ive read so far....im very impressed. It coveres everything.....along with worked examples. Its a manual that really engages you...

The Virus is after all, a pretty complex beast. The manaul in my view does a very good job in circumventing all the features.

*Thx Ben....that made some sense hehe

DS
the manual is a preliminary version because we plan to wait for you guys to find all the typos

marc
Old 04.05.2005, 01:10 PM

Marc....I know this sounds a little crazy...but there is one thing Id like to in the 'introduction' section of the manual. i'd like to see some pictures of the Access factory....and how about a few comments by the designers. In years to come this always adds to nostalgia......

Would be great to see some comments and pictures of the guys who actually designed the Virus. I recently saw a picture of the guy who made the Roland Jupiter 8...and I gotta say it made me smile (im such a geek lol!)

Could you do this Marc?

DS