Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.12.2015, 07:39 PM
New here
New here

Default My Polar's screen is messed up, what do I need to replace? [pics included]

I sold my Virus TI Snow and replaced it with a Virus TI Polar that I bought used from a store around a year ago, it's screen was messed up when I bought it. It was marked down enough to where I just thought I'd get it repaired when I can afford it, besides I was already used to using the TI software for everything except the 3 mapped knobs... due to previously owning a Snow.

I quickly started to enjoy using the knobs more than the software but the messed up screen is a real bummer. What do I need to replace to make it right? The first picture below was taken when the Polar was powered off, you can see where the screen is messed up. Then the 2nd picture is with the Polar powered on, the 3rd picture is the Polar powered on and the lights turned off so it's more noticeable. What confuses me is that the problem area is visible even when it's powered off.

Old 30.12.2015, 12:24 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Have you tried unscrewing the perspex LCD guard to see if there is any undue pressure pushing down on the screen?
Old 30.12.2015, 05:45 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Have you tried unscrewing the perspex LCD guard to see if there is any undue pressure pushing down on the screen?
no i haven't tried that. when i bought it used, it looked like it'd probably been taken to alot of gigs or moved around alot. there's alot of wear and tear on the chassis, it's a good thing these are built like tanks. i assumed that the previous owner probably did do something that resulted in too much pressure being applied to the LCD screen. but i wasn't sure if i need to order a replacement LCD screen or if there are additional parts i might need as well, like the LED backlighting or something else. i'm not familiar with the components of the virus so i wasn't sure what all would need to replaced to get the LCD working proper again.

when i look close at the 4 screws at the corners of the LCD, i see some of the clear plastic LCD cover is cracked a little bit around the screws like it's been tightened too much. very small cracks that originate from where the screws go in. they're hard to see but they're there, you can see it a little bit in the 2nd picture i posted. you can kind of see it a little bit in the 1st picture too. 3 of the screws are torx and one is phillips head, so maybe the previous owner damaged the LCD and unsuccessfully tried to repair it himself.