Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.07.2011, 10:22 AM
New here
New here

Default [Solved] Virus B high pitched noise syncing midi clock over usb-midi with S1

Hi all,

Just got an access Virus B and have an issue when trying to sync the midi clock with Presonus Studio One (S1).

If I don't enable syncing in S1 I can play midi notes just fine, but obviously arps etc. don't sync up. When I do enable the option, as well as the correct midi notes playing I also get other random high pitched notes playing out.

The Virus B is connected via a cheapo USB to midi adapter but for all other functions the adapter seems to be fine (e.g Did full update of the OS on the Virus B, plus installed the extra 1024 sounds and overwrote the demo song just fine).

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

J

Last edited by jbox5 : 07.07.2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Changing title
Old 07.07.2011, 05:34 AM
New here
New here

Just to add a bit more information - my setup is as follows:

Access Virus B -> PC with USB to Midi Adapter
Novation Ultranova -> PC via Ultranova's USB port
Older Midi Keyboard -> PC with USB to midi Adapter
Presonus Studio One on the PC

If I configure a midi track in Studio One to take input from the older midi keyboard and send it to the virus OR lay down some midi notes in the piano roll editor and play them then I experience the extra high notes being played. It seems to be on key-off that something extra is happening on the Virus.

Interestingly, if I set up the midi track to take input from the Ultranova and output to the Virus then the problem doesn't manifest itself but when I lay down the midi notes on the the piano roll it comes back again.
Old 07.07.2011, 12:35 PM
New here
New here

Just to follow up:

This morning I bought a Presonus Firestudio Mobile that runs over firewire. I plugged the audio out from the Virus into it and used the midi out on it to run into the Virus and the problem seems to have disappeared. Guess it must have been the usb-midi after all.
Old 02.12.2012, 03:43 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbox5 View Post
Just to follow up:

This morning I bought a Presonus Firestudio Mobile that runs over firewire. I plugged the audio out from the Virus into it and used the midi out on it to run into the Virus and the problem seems to have disappeared. Guess it must have been the usb-midi after all.
I realize this IS an older post but hoping you or ANY other people here can give me their feedback on using Presonus Firewire Mobile in their set-up as I am seriously considering replacing my USB audio/midi interface and utilize the faster firewire 400 connection on DAW desktop for better latency and the versatility, at least on paper, of this small footprint audio interface. Also, it comes with an amazing amount of real software rather than these limited track, shy of "demo versions" of recording platform. Most importantly, if your Virus "plays nice" with it. Virus KB and KC here as partof set-up. Thanks!